Honda Insight Tires / Suzuki Swift GTi Tire Question - LRR - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Krousdb is using the Insight tire on his VX, and is happy with them.

But he's been pretty scarce since his move. He might be spending all his free time commuting now instead of participating in forums
Yes, much time commuting. Wish I could visit more.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFi
Thanks for the input, I sent him a PM.
My reply.....

In a nutshell, I love the 165/65/14 RE 92's. They are the lowest RR tire you can get and are worth 1-3 MPG. If you read the reviews on tirerack, you would think that they are deathtrap tires, stories of disaster abound. But I have had excellent results with mine at 60PSI. Treadwear is normal and dry traction is exceptional. Wet traction is adequate for my needs. I havent driven them in the snow but I don't think that they will do too well. Bottom line, if you drive like a hypermiler, then the tires perform well. If you are likw the other 99% of drivers who go from full throttle to full ABS brakes, then they are not for you. So far I have 12k miles, expecting 40-50k based on current wear.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #13

I have 10k miles on my RE92's and they look, ride and feel like they did on mile 1. Of course the speed limit and almost no braking and no acceleration will do that for ya. I have 44psi in them and check/add once a week. I know I could go higher, just haven't yet.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
Registered Member

On my Insight's RE-92s, the ratings are:
  • Treadwear- 260
  • Traction- A
  • Temperature- B

They now have over 16,000 miles on them. The fronts tend to wear on the outside a little - but this may be an Insight quirk, not the tire. I do corner at elevated speeds.

At 50-55 psi, they ride stiff and make some noise. The Insight has little sound-deadening, so that makes it more pronounced.

At lower pressures, the ride improves slightly, and you take a hit on the MPG's.
hawkgt647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #15
Registered Member

Is there a consistent review and comment on rolling resistance, I am familiar with the dated Green report, but something current, especially with the switches in testing methods?

Yes, I am a longtime tire fan and nerd....ask my parents, they can vouch that I was infatuated with Michelins as child!

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote