How about just driving less? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

How about just driving less?

Walk, ride a bike... only drive when you're out of dog food and that damned bag weighs 40 lbs? Yeah, you know

Let's say you're morbidly obese, and you want to have a cheeseburger. Problem is, there are like hundreds of calories in a cheeseburger and you don't want them all... what should you do? No cheese maybe? No bun? WTF? Didn't that Atkins guy DIE? Yeah... well, the best way to save yourself the calories is to just leave part of the cheeseburger uneaten. So with fuel economy... I think it's great to have a car that gets 359 MPG, and even better to just leave it parked when you can. I ride my bike to work instead of driving, and any other time I can... it rules. When I drive, I drive my CRX. It makes me happy

And who in the hell do these people driving H2s think they are anyway? ...jackasses

That was my rant... thank you and carry on

GasSavers_jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
*shrug*

Post deletion policy?

I'm still in high school and I asked my mom if I could ride my bike to school. Not happening. Not too safe out around here, and I'll get all sweaty, and I can't carry my XC crap and books at the same time. V_V In any case, I would def like to be doing that more places, if I had any friends or went anywhere that wasn't like 15 miles away I would. That's why I'm here and worrying about it. After college I will build an EV Triumph GT6 (right hand drive, woot) and won't feel bad about any short trip cuz I'll be damned if it's not charged with solar cells. But until then, crxen and trying to get 60 by the time I'm in college.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Time to get ill

Mom?!?! Sweat?!?! Books?!?!

Get a messenger bag, deoderant, and tell your Mom ...whateva! I do what I want!

Rise up against *The Man*.... Viva La Revolucion!

Just kidding... I hear ya... you're doing the best you can for your own circumstance, and that's good Some of us on the otherhand, live within 10 miles of everything they could dream of... and those "some of us" need to get on a bike

GasSavers_jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
*shrug*

Happy 23rd Birthday "thisisntjared"

aasou, yeah, that's fly. But hell I would, but even in the dead of winter in shorts I sweat like crazy, damn me I hate it. I run but hell, being in shape and having 55 bpm doesn't help. I dunno. That'll be the good thing about college for me. I won't have to drive! And learning!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Registered Member

How do we add pictures to our garage?

that's great. except for people who have jobs and don't live in a city with mass transit options. honestly, i can understand where you're coming from. but not everyone lives in easy-access cities. i myself live 8 miles from the nearest store/gas station/business, and while i do not mind riding a bike these distances (i ride for sport actually sometimes up to 100 miles a weekend) it simply isn't feasible with time pressures and responsibilities.

when i was in college i drove to work, and that was it. walked or rode my bike everywhere else and filled my jeep with gas maybe once every 10 days. now, i work 54 miles from home and fill up my truck every 3 days. hoping my honda will remedy that situation starting tomorrow as i finally got a day off to get it tagged/licensed/insured today.

bludgeon is offline   Reply With Quote