how i did it (Fuel heater) - Page 11 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #101
Registered Member

lol, sorry, but you were REALLY gullible to believe this guy, especially when he doesn't carry a gas log, has shown no pics of his infamous setup, and basically his only posts have been in this thread.

Claims he wrecked his car at 120... who do you know who is trying to hypermile, drives 120mph? No one I know.... also, if you're doing 120 mph on the open road, you're just plain ol' STUPID, and his car was an N/A model to boot!

'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #102
Registered Member

Fuel heaters have been known for modest gains in the 15% area for years... not saying I believe 62mpg in the stealth though.

Now then, let's look at what debunkers say about things...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterma...mic_Efficiency

Oh snip, that value g appears to be for air at 20C and gasoline as a liquid at 20C... Guess what, if gasoline is fully vaporised as it comes out of the injector at a temperature of near what the coolant is, that value of g changes. (For H2 it's about 5 or 6 BTW) since gasoline is diluted by the air 14.7:1 it changes only a little bit in this case to about 1.35ish, doesn't sound like a lot, but it changes the theoretical obtainable efficiency to around 56%... now remembering we see MPG after all losses, that's a theoretical 20% boost in MPG if we perfectly vaporise the gas, instead of inducting it as liquid droplets, this is due to the SHC of gas going to around 4ish from 2.2ish when heated and vaporised into a gaseous phase.

However, since under low load, typical MPFI and SEFI motors can achieve fairly good vaporisation of the gas anyway in the intake port before valve opening, most motors won't see gains quite this large. Remember though the maximum efficiency numbers would be under high load, with the injector spraying with the valve open, so that's why that calculation appears to be based on liquid fuel at 20C. So if you drive like a maniac you might get the full 20%. Actually, P+G proponents using brisk pulsing might see a decent gain.

Anyone who is awake might notice that a large change in intake air temperature would also affect g quite nicely.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #103
Registered Member

what about this?!

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4476839.html
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #104
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Fuel heaters have been known for modest gains in the 15% area for years... not saying I believe 62mpg in the stealth though.

Modest? 15% of our oil consumption would save 300,000 barrels per day. Maybe in reality it does 1.5%? I don't have a clue...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #105
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I think we should all take a moment to appreciate how AWESOME this thread is! Who cares about writers strike in Hollywood when we've got this thread!? I'm just pissed I read it all and it's over!
GasSavers_mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #106
Registered Member

I agree.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #107
Registered Member

lol

yeah I agree! but by the way I did do a lot of other research on these I didn't just read this thread... lol I would be a complete idiot if I just trusted chope. I was really just joking about that part
Old 06-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #108
Registered Member

As far as I can tell there is some benefit to this fuel heater device, never throw the baby out with the bath water, have a look at the patent linked by Slurp

Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #109
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWorks View Post
As far as I can tell there is some benefit to this fuel heater device, never throw the baby out with the bath water, have a look at the patent linked by Slurp

Except the price of copper, it is something that can be done easily, and fairly cheap.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #110
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Roadking41a
Quote:
Originally Posted by slurp812 View Post
Except the price of copper, it is something that can be done easily, and fairly cheap.
Does copper have to be used? How about steel fuel line?

Roadking41a is offline   Reply With Quote