how i did it (Fuel heater) - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #31
Registered Member

with the tests ive seen carbs improve but not as well as fi i will get a pics as soon as i can

chope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #32
Registered Member

a good point was brought up about you not trying to sell anything. there are many skeptics on this site (I included). there have been too many "snake oil salesmen" on here lately and it has put a bad taste in my mouth at least. you seem to be sincere and ready to share. I appreciate that more than you know.

when you get your first tank done in the jeep, start a gas log. not sure if this is something that I am willing to do but maybe in the future. it is a lot to ask a person to take their sole source of transportation and cut the life line to it. that is just my opinion. I may experiment with this later. I have been stupid busy here lately.

and yes the site is very addictive. a lot of good info on here. I personally started on this site less than 3 mos ago and already have 250+ posts. I have learned a lot and have hopefully shared some knowledge myself.

good luck on your testing and please keep us informed. you can also put pics in your garage once you start one.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #33
Registered Member

beef you dont know how much i thank your kind words,
it's people like you that i hope to help if it works like i think.
so anyway im getting ready to go test it...keep your fingers crossed
Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
Registered Member

ok i just did a rough test and got roughly 28mpg im really excited because my old jeep is running like **** and was getting about 11mpg. it is still missing but appears to be getting better than epa.
im gonna do more accurate tests and start a gas log,then i will post all the details.i also simulated going towork and back for a week and my needle barely moved...thats the important thing to me
Old 06-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #35
Registered Member

how are you calculating your 28 mpg? I say that because roughly isn't a word that is used around here. Usually you would say 28.34543324555543 mpg. Sorry guys I had to do it. We all here are statistical freaks.
civic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #36
Registered Member

by filling an empty tank with 4 gallons driving until the tank level light comes on [3 gal] and and check the mileage..i really dont care how you do it anywhere,but thats also why i said id do more accurate tests..
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #37

Proper recording of your MPG is a very specific thing.... You have to use the same pump every time (because different sloping concrete at different stations will give a different level of full). You have to fill up each tank to the top in order to be consistent, no amount of watching the gauge will give you accurate fill levels. Choose something like the second click to get a full level. (first click often goes off pre-maturely due to splash up.) When you do that, then it's the only way to make sure you have a consistent fill up, and so the only way to know how many gallons you used. (You can look into my log for my Thunderbird (wench) and see how much a differently sloping lot can affect your supposed MPG)

Always reset your trip odometer at the pump too.

If you can't afford at a time to fill up your tank, don't reset your trip odometer, just record the gallons you put into your tank, and add those to the sum of when you can top off the tank. (If you look in my logs, you'll see me putting 25+ gallons into an 18 gallon tank. That's how.)

But, when you do that, then you can start giving hard numbers that everyone on the board will be far more inclined to believe. Estimations and calculating gallons used by the gas gauge never works to the guys here.
Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #38
Registered Member

yes i know but when ifill up i keep venting he nozzle and pulling out until
i see gas..thats also why i gave p 7mpg the actual number i got was 35
Old 06-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #39
Registered Member

oh yea no matter what the numbrs are i know i have increased mpg,
and you guys really have no idea how bad the jeep is running
Old 06-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #40