how i did it (Fuel heater) - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #21
Registered Member

look i was ready to share what i learned with everyone else i did a search on google for mpg forums and you are right i dont believe i did get 62mpg i believe i got more but i didnt want it to sound too crazy but **** nobody believes it anyway lol... the stealth was a 3.0 n/a 6cyl 222hp i believe but anyway i passed it on if you decide to try it good for you make sure you come back and let everyone know how it goes be sure to take video and record all the scientific data and after all that somebody atleast say thank you

i dont know what else to tell you guys but i can say that if i would have known a message board could get me this fired up i would have got on the internet before a fight back when i was kickboxing..lol

chope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #22
Registered Member

oh yea one last peice of advice use "m" copper it will make the coil job alot easier..or maybe you shoul0 check with the experts here but, thats just my two cents..

these damn message forums are addictive arent they?
ive got a ton of bl0ue prints to go over but keep getting drawn to this damn forum hitting refresh over and over..before you know it ill be teling everyone e0le they are wrong.please dont insult me about the typos i cant hel0p them my keyboard is messed up

Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #23
Registered Member

The theory seems valid to me. Not sure about the approach however.

I never pick on anybody about their spelling or grammar though. I've known too many exceptionally bright people who can barely form a sentence in writing.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #24

compression fittings are not a big deal people. It's very easy to seal a fuel line properly, without leaks.

Something that chope (Christopher) fails to provide is more than a couple numbers typed out. That isn't convincing enough these days to make people want to cut into their fuels lines without knowledge. For those that feel safe doing that (I included) its not a big deal. I have a project car I'm more than willing to waste time on rabbit trail ideas, when I have the time.

Something to consider Chris (can I call you that?), is provide a picture log of the mileage. Yes, one could fake that too, but at least it shows you're willing to try to convince others for the greater good besides words from your mouth. A picture of the start mileage, a picture of the end, and a picture of the receipt showing the gallons; all dated accordingly. I for one, would feel convinced by that.

This mod does not support anyone, does not give anyone money, doesn't even make things worse (from what we deduce). Therefore, what harm does it do? So Chris sucks at convincing folks. Maybe he's not a people person. A lot of shadetree mechanics aren't, but have interesting ideas that work.

Whoever has the knowledge to do this safely and wishes to, do it for Chris, since he doesn't appear to have the people skills (no offense, you don't) to convey the message.
almightybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightybmw View Post
compression fittings are not a big deal people. It's very easy to seal a fuel line properly, without leaks.

Something that chope (Christopher) fails to provide is more than a couple numbers typed out. That isn't convincing enough these days to make people want to cut into their fuels lines without knowledge. For those that feel safe doing that (I included) its not a big deal. I have a project car I'm more than willing to waste time on rabbit trail ideas, when I have the time.

Something to consider Chris (can I call you that?), is provide a picture log of the mileage. Yes, one could fake that too, but at least it shows you're willing to try to convince others for the greater good besides words from your mouth. A picture of the start mileage, a picture of the end, and a picture of the receipt showing the gallons; all dated accordingly. I for one, would feel convinced by that.

This mod does not support anyone, does not give anyone money, doesn't even make things worse (from what we deduce). Therefore, what harm does it do? So Chris sucks at convincing folks. Maybe he's not a people person. A lot of shadetree mechanics aren't, but have interesting ideas that work.

Whoever has the knowledge to do this safely and wishes to, do it for Chris, since he doesn't appear to have the people skills (no offense, you don't) to convey the message.
Fair enough and point taken - perhaps you would be a willing test subject (I am one of those not yet willing to cut into my fuel system).
dosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vxdude
would you post some pics of the coil and the way it would be set up?
vxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosco View Post
Fair enough and point taken - perhaps you would be a willing test subject (I am one of those not yet willing to cut into my fuel system).

When the weather stops raining and blowing 25mph, I'll try to find the time. As of now, a lot of these ideas are just backburners to getting the car running (standalone ecu) and new engine broken in. If someone beats me to it, go for it. It may be a few months unfortunately, before I have the time.
almightybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #28
Registered Member

ok i finally got some free time to make one and install it on my jeep.i dont have a camera but i will start testing it.
keep in mind my jeep has over 230000 miles and needs new plug wires,it has been running very rough but as soon as i installed it the idle smoothed out a little and have better throttle repsponse..even my co worker noticed the difference
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #29
Registered Member

after it warmed up
Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #30
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Roadking41a
Quote:
Originally Posted by chope View Post
ok i finally got some free time to make one and install it on my jeep.i dont have a camera but i will start testing it.
keep in mind my jeep has over 230000 miles and needs new plug wires,it has been running very rough but as soon as i installed it the idle smoothed out a little and have better throttle repsponse..even my co worker noticed the difference
I'm new here and have been reading this thread. I would like to see pictures on how you did this.I have a older car with electronic carb on it.Maybe this will be of some help.

Roadking41a is offline   Reply With Quote