how i did it (Fuel heater) - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #61
Registered Member

People aren't attacking you, they are just attacking your approach. Don't get so stressed out. There are some definete d-bags on this site (just my opinion). I like your idea. I would like to see some numbers when you have run a tank through a vehicle. I am sure others are curious too.

civic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #62
Registered Member

well it goes from how will this work or it wont work to trying to say the materil wont hold up when ive seen it with my own eyes..why instead of trying to find reason it wont work lets try to improve it?the copper Will work fine and transfer heat GREAT!

chope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #63
Registered Member

This site does have a long history of people making their first post claiming outrageous clams, but don't do anything to sustantiate their claims. Top this off with asking for donations didn't help either. This is most likely why you are not being taken seriously. My suggestion would be to prove your point. Start a gas log showing gains over time. These guys have been doing these kind of mods for a long time and understand them very well. Until you can back up your claims, your just another guy peddling copper tubing.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #64
Registered Member

the donation was a joke and ive done this mod for sevral years and most others that are well known besides the aero mods, which i like..but as i said before i will do accurate tests to prove it even though i feel like i dont need to..because mine is installed and working even though the test wasnt accurate and despite the jeep running bad i know for a fact im getting way better mpg.
i could see if i were selling you this device but im not...just tring to help out others.this device works best over longer driving periods,you wont see a big difference if you are only driving short distances..
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #65
Registered Member

fuel return

What about the idea of fuel returning to the tank really hot? Thats the only concern I see. I may give this a try myself.
I've been e-mailing back and forth with a guy in Chicago who has had good results from something similar.
Thanks Joe
MrGiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #66
Registered Member

hope the pics will help any one it was taken from water4gas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas-Saving-Techniques_img_88.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas-Saving-Techniques_img_84.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas-Saving-Techniques_img_91.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1169  
najman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #67
Registered Member

Christopher forget about the children on the forum, it way past there bed time now, can you take some pictures and post them of your set up, I am very much a visual person and can copy anything I see or touch, I want to get better FE.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #68
Registered Member

In closed loop feedback systems the final arbiter of mixture is the O2 sensor, which tells the ECU whether the mixture is too lean or too rich many times a second.

Increasing the fuel temperature will enhance atomization to a point, beyond that point you get boiling fuel in the supply line with vapor lock of the injectors.

The fuel temperature will not change the basic mixture control and the O2 feedback.

The belief that you will achieve some miraculous increase in mileage is actually supported by knowing that Homogenous Charge Compression Ignition can provide a 25% increase in power generated for the same volume of fuel delivered. Many millions of dollars have been spent in pursuit of practical applications for HCCI, including preheating the fuel and air as well as turbulent mixing of that mixture, but the ability to maintain HCCI throughout all the operational parameters of normal engine function has yet to be achieved.

I am sure preheating the fuel is a component of HCCI. I am also sure that wrapping a coil of copper tubing around your radiator hose will not achieve HCCI.

chope;
I deadlifted 6 times my body weight when I was 24 years old (900 pounds), 33 years ago.

I don't see how that has anything to do with the credibility of my statements in this forum.

You talk about a modification which has some validity, but in the same post you freely admit your vehicle needs some serious maintenance or repair.

60,000 hours making a living working on cars, as well as college board scores that were good enough to get me accepted in Virginia Tech with a major in Nuclear Physics, in the fall of 1968.

Does that make me anything special? NOPE.

Scientific proof requires precise measurements of the fuel used.

One way is to make a special tank that you weigh before and after your test, to precisely measure the fuel consumed regardless of the temperature of that fuel.

Assume your fuel temperature has increased by 100 degrees, that means its volume has increased significantly, even though it's mass is the same.

I tried measuring fuel by volume and had certain portions of my testing where I drove 9 miles and had more fuel when I finished than when I started.

This is not possible, so when I measured the temperature of the fuel I realized that the volume had increased while the total mass had decreased. I had to adjust the volume for the difference in mass due to the temperature.

If you want to get mad because we question your results, it only serves to make you less credible.

I was a certified Master Tech in 1978, now I am a tired semi disabled old man, who has two patents pending on designs for vehicle powertrains that I know can make a huge difference in this world and could change the global climate after I am dead and gone.

Believe me or not I understand the frustration of percieved rejection. I have been dealing with this for the last 8 years. I have watched this country bleed 2 trillion dollars of treasure while I know how to fix it.

Good luck with your idea, it is actually a component of my engine design and one of the sources of successful HCCI that is a basic design parameter of my engine concept.

regards
gary
Old 06-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #69
Registered Member

LOL WHAT THE HELL IS THAT...i guess if there is a coil under all tha foil..
i will post pics of mine soon..i made the coil at work in about five minutes and installed it in about 20 min
Old 06-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #70
Registered Member

make one install it then tell me it wont work the guy who showed me worked for gm and has a patent pending for a device that works on this idea