How many MPG's am I losing for extra 20amps? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagemap View Post
Get rid of the HHO, it is snake-oil technology and is costing you more by reducing your MPG. Think about it, are cars made to run on hydrogen?

The 240 watts that the HHO uses is generated by the gasoline that is burned in your engine, not hydrogen. Do yourself a favor and remove the HHO from your car that is causing you more harm than good.
Wow thanks!!! Maybe I could learn some from you seeing how you have built one of these before!!!

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
...and if you're going to charge the battery at home, why not skip the extra steps and their associated waste, and just make the HHO at home instead?
That would be a very large tank of HHO for an hour drive!

85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
Old 07-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasUser View Post
If I had the engineering skill and money to waste i would build a solar panel and install it in place of the car body to run the whole car. Of course you couldn't justify the cost to build it just for the difference in the gas savings over a regular gas burning car, but from a technoligical standpoint it would be worth it.

I don't think you should be so overly concerned about the 20 amp draw as it relates to gas mileage. If you need the 20 amp draw use it and forget it. If you don't need it, then don't use it since at that point it would certainly be a waste. Just wasting gas for "no reason" would be worse.

If you are really really really concerned about gas mileage then do what my Son did and put a motor on a bike and get 150 mpg. He rides it to work every day and uses 1 gallon of gas per month. Of course, he can't ride it in the pouring rain/snow/etc, or go grocery shopping, pick up a load of lumber at Home Depot, etc etc, but that is what his vehicle is for.

Just use the 20 amps if you want/need it.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
Thanks. Thats a good opinion! I'll probably lean in this direction. I see with this tank of gas I'm getting a little over 30MPG. I'll be strarting a gas log. Also, after this tank, I'll be going to the emissions facility to test the exhaust.
Thanks again

85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Can you grow it on-board?
Laugh. I really don't care. I came to this forum for help. Not ridicule. I'm trying to learn here, to squeeze more mpg out of my truck, just like all of you on this forum. I'm getting a little over 30mpg now and trying to learn how to get more. If your not here to help, then dont friggin post. If you dont know what you're talking about, again, no need for you to post. If you have questions, I am more than happy to share what I know. I know how inefficient electrolysis is. I know hydroxy takes more energy to create than when used. However, I am convinced, after all that, gas is burned more efficiently with the hydroxy. This stuff is too easy to build and inject. Too easy to pass up on experimenting. The only hard part is adjusting the truck for hho. I finally made it so I don't throw any codes and making over 30 MPG (even with the 160lb. cap on the back)I would never ridicule any of you on any of your efforts. grow up.

For those of you who over inflate your tires, you may want to watch the peice done on abc. http://abcnews.go.com:80/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
Laugh. I really don't care. I came to this forum for help. Not ridicule. I'm trying to learn here, to squeeze more mpg out of my truck, just like all of you on this forum. I'm getting a little over 30mpg now and trying to learn how to get more. If your not here to help, then dont friggin post. If you dont know what you're talking about, again, no need for you to post.
A little sensitive? I was making a fun joke, not trying to offend. If I've offended you, I apologize.

Quote:
For those of you who over inflate your tires, you may want to watch the peice done on abc. http://abcnews.go.com:80/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
What does that video have to do with inflation pressure?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #26
Registered Member

Generate the HH0 with a solar cell.

regards
gary
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #27
Registered Member

Recharge your HHO battery with solar cell. Then you are not making HHO with the engine, recharge it at home if the solar is not enough.

Its dumb to use the engines alternator, when you can get the same power much cheaper from the grid, just have a separate battery for your solar cell to recharge and use it exclusively for HHO generation. Recharge it at home if the solar can't keep it charged.

Now you are making fuel (stored electrical energy) when you aren't even driving, use the electrical energy to generate HHO when you are driving.

Now you are improving you fuel efficiency without making the engine do any more work, and it might actually make a difference.

regards
gary
Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #28
Registered Member

Y'all can just send me a check LOL.

regards
gary
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
Registered Member

Yeah make it payable to RoadWarrior Industrial Development Enterprises, PO Box 1337...
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
A little sensitive? I was making a fun joke, not trying to offend. If I've offended you, I apologize.

What does that video have to do with inflation pressure?
I misunderstood the concept of over inflation. The words are kind of deceptive. Shouldn't it just be considered proper inflation, or even "new inflations standard"?

85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO