How Much Do You Think This Vx Is Worth! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
ok, fair enough guys (not that I'm buying it, but still!)

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
Supporting Member

Of course we're a bunch of cheapskates here. LOL

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #13
Registered Member

I wouldn't, personally, buy a car that have been modified. Especially a vx, since you really have to push the gears to have all the power, because the 3rd gear isnt affective until at least 60mph, before that, its move, but not so fast. Still a lot of things are new, cluth o2 sensor, 500$ easy. Also the suspenssion is already done, but again, you should try to bargain it for 1500-1800$ MAX, if the motor has good compression. You shouldnt buy the car if you dont know if the compression is corect.
GasSavers_BIBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
Registered Member

I would say this car is worth about $2200.

If it is without rust, and the compression is good, I could easily see this taking $2500-3000 if it really is as nice as it looks in the pictures.

In the PA area I live in, 92-95 civic hatchbacks do not come cheap. On top of that the VX or Si usually are the hardest to find with original engines in them. I have seen very clean inside/out civic hatches here go for almost $2000 without engines or trannies. If the car has been extremely well taken care of, it could easily be worth what he is asking.

In my opinion, the KBB value in no way tells how much a popular Honda is worth. The demand of the car has a huge part in determining the market value of a car. This is something KBB never seems to address.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
if the car looked that solid with that few miles but was stock I would say $3,000 might be an ok price, find out what he has gotten for gas mileage for at least the last 3 tanks, if he is just guessing then knock a few hundred off the price, the wheels and wide tires are going to hurt gas mileage, so figure $400-500 to replace them, so knock that off the price as well unless he has stock rims, it's going to cost you at least $250 to fix the exaust back to something that will not attact theives, (riced cars attract attention from people looking for free after market parts) cops and hurt your gas mileage, make sure it has the stock transmition, if he didn't like how it drove then he might have replaced it with an SI tranny, and like was said befor do a compression test, you can buy or rent a compresion gauge and test the engine when it's warm, it should be 180-210psi and no less then 22psi differnt between cylenders.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #16
Registered Member

I paid $4k for my 93 VX 6 months ago... $200 more than he was asking just to guarantee the sale. Been happy ever since and probably saved $1K in gas already (my commute is 100 miles a day). But it was a one owner with only 131K on it... it looked almost new, so I didn't hesitate at the price whatsoever.

With a car like the VX, you need to think about what you are gonna save and future value as well as what it is worth. I'm saving $100 a month... I can drive the crap out of it and still get $2.5-3K for it in a couple of years. So paying top $$ for a good car was a no-brainer for me.
lca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #17
Registered Member

Never mind the mods--treat it like it's stock.

If the seller were smart, he'd sell the wheels separate, anyway.

I'd say it would fetch $2500 EASILY. Could be closer to 3 grand depending on what part of the country you're in.

My 192k 92 CX that's in MUCH rougher shape than that car should be getting a $1000 offer on it tomorrow.

There is a "hatch tax" out there--especially on the clean ones. They're getting harder to find. Stock is definitely more desirable/valuable, though.
gamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #18
Registered Member

$2k tops.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Never mind the mods--treat it like it's stock.

There is a "hatch tax" out there--especially on the clean ones. They're getting harder to find. Stock is definitely more desirable/valuable, though.
I agree 100%. Any smart seller knows if they modify a car, you should return it to stock and sell all of the mods seperately.

The only problems I see with the car are the big wheels, the fact it is lowered, and the exhaust. If the car had the stock parts installed instead, it could fetch an even higher price.

The hatches are very hard to find in good shape. Almost all of them have been rice-i-fied. The coupes can be found at such a low price, and in better shape. I just wish they werent so heavy and ugly, and I would have probably bought one instead of my VX.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #20
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
man i dont know why you guys think that this car could be worth more than $3k. its less than 20k from its 2nd timing belt change, every single bushing on it has to be tired, and all of the wear and tear items that have not been replaced yet will probably fail soon (shocks, cv joints, bearings, hoses, etc.) i mean really who would pay more than $2000 for that car even it. i bet it rides weird because it has lowering springs with oem shocks.

dont call me a cheapskate because i know how much a 13 year old car with an original msrp of $11k and 166k miles is worth.

to the op, if you are really thinking about buying this car, you can try to talk the guy down using all this negative criteria as you point out every single scratch, dent, and/or spot of rust. Also find out if the car has ever been in an accident. Bottom line, do not pay more than $2000 for this car.