How much would a Limeted Slip Diff affect MPG? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I had a Quaife gear type LSD in my B18 powered CRX. I was still able to pull off 42 MPG tanks even screwing around in it. It might even help with your mileage, giving you traction in the snow where an open diff would slip, etc.

I would run winterforce 155/80/13 tires in the winter and then some 205/50/15 tires in the summer though.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
Registered Member

Thanks for more good info. I talked with the manufacturer (M-Factory) about the oil. They have been making LSDs for other apps, mostly Honda, and said synth is fine

That's a good point about saving gas by having traction. I live out where I have to come from a dead stop at a "T", to speeding up to highway traffic, and when it's busy, I have to do 0-60 from a 90? turn, in about/ under 8 seconds, in order to get in. Of course, it's a balance of feathering it to either slip the wheel, or the clutch. It'll be SO nice to just pull out of there. Also, with the snow and mud, it'll save alot of spinning. I do my best to be somewhere more temperate in the winter, though.

fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote