How to make the intake air more humid to save gas. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #21
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Re: Good site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Yep, so pretty good. Can you emaill the guy who did it for some numbers on mpg and stuff? Also, fill up every five days, gosh, I wonder how many miles that is...
I actually got that file from the yahoo group BetterMPG. I'll see what I can find about the guy who wrote it.
__________________

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:15 AM   #22
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Your Swift-Clone Might Have a Hemi

http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1979_September_October/Water_Injection_Wizardry
__________________

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #23
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Cool Website for Honda guys

http://users.frii.com/maphill/wi.html
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 33
Country: United States
Aftermarket Cruise Control

I think there used to be ads for kits in the back of Popular Science. likely in the late 70's too.
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #25
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
LOVE the gas log under the usernames

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgood
I think there used to be ads for kits in the back of Popular Science. likely in the late 70's too.
Haha, seems like a hard thing to dig up a kit for if it is indeed that old, but it doesn't look so hard to fabricate.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 33
Country: United States
Second Official GS Meet

Ok you guys. Can we take the info from the past and modernize it. Find a newer better way to get water vapor into the engine. maybe something like in my first post. Something like the room humidifiers use. I'm thinking a fog like vapor of water will work better than tiny droplets drom a spray nozzle.
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #27
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
D Series Basement Sale II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgood
Ok you guys. Can we take the info from the past and modernize it. Find a newer better way to get water vapor into the engine. maybe something like in my first post. Something like the room humidifiers use. I'm thinking a fog like vapor of water will work better than tiny droplets drom a spray nozzle.
Do you know how the thing actually vaporizes? This is what I am wondering, I know that it is really the only thing on a humifier that would require power, and the problem might be that addition of a powered element, and it's ability to withstand constant heat and use. I think the principle behind the old stuff that we need to keep with is that it is only injecting the wudder when the throttle is open, and that is why vacuum in the droplets works, when it might be hard to do some electrical thing to signal the humifier to draw and process its wudder, but I am not sure, I will look for some newer sources of info and how the turbo kits do it.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #28
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
The Pulse Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Do you know how the thing actually vaporizes? This is what I am wondering, I know that it is really the only thing on a humifier that would require power, and the problem might be that addition of a powered element, and it's ability to withstand constant heat and use. I think the principle behind the old stuff that we need to keep with is that it is only injecting the wudder when the throttle is open, and that is why vacuum in the droplets works, when it might be hard to do some electrical thing to signal the humifier to draw and process its wudder, but I am not sure, I will look for some newer sources of info and how the turbo kits do it.
it actually might be totally possible to wire it up to the TPS sensor. The tps sensor detects when the throttle is open or closed. Hook up the TPS sensor to a relay that turns the humidifier on or off.

perhaps Diemaster can help with the electronics here. A humidifier isn't too complex. I'm sure if we took one apart we could EASILY get it to fit inside the air intake tube. Perhaps it can even be wired to the a switched power source that comes on when car starts.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #29
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Coanda effect

<a href=http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/WaterInjection.html target=_blank>Wudder Injection</a>

Quote:
Water injection systems are predominantly useful in forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged), internal combustion engines. Only in extreme cases such as very high compression ratios, very low octane fuel or too much ignition advance can it benefit a normally aspirated engine. The system has been around for a long time since it was already used in some World War II aircraft engines.
Does this mean bad things for the average car driver like us? I dunno much about advanced timing, so enlighten me if it is an issure, please.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #30
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Cool Java App For Calculating Power Needed at Given Speed

<a href=http://www.dawesdevices.com/howto.html target=_blank>Wudder Injection</a>

As I collect them, I'll put some more links up here.
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Diesel in N. Texas? JudisJetta General Fuel Topics 7 05-28-2010 09:55 AM
Incorrect Milage Calcuatlion PatM Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 07-17-2009 08:21 PM
Gallons per Mile? nerb Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 11-12-2008 04:33 AM
Throttle spring...pedal vs RPM? ZugyNA General Fuel Topics 17 08-01-2006 05:17 PM
"active" aero grille slats on 06 civic concept MetroMPG General Fuel Topics 21 01-03-2006 01:02 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.