Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #21
Driving on E

Re: Good site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Yep, so pretty good. Can you emaill the guy who did it for some numbers on mpg and stuff? Also, fill up every five days, gosh, I wonder how many miles that is...
I actually got that file from the yahoo group BetterMPG. I'll see what I can find about the guy who wrote it.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #22
Driving on E

Your Swift-Clone Might Have a Hemi

http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1979_September_October/Water_Injection_Wizardry

Old 09-07-2005, 07:32 AM   #23
*shrug*

Cool Website for Honda guys

http://users.frii.com/maphill/wi.html
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #24
Registered Member

Aftermarket Cruise Control

I think there used to be ads for kits in the back of Popular Science. likely in the late 70's too.
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #25
*shrug*

LOVE the gas log under the usernames

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgood
I think there used to be ads for kits in the back of Popular Science. likely in the late 70's too.
Haha, seems like a hard thing to dig up a kit for if it is indeed that old, but it doesn't look so hard to fabricate.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #26
Registered Member

Second Official GS Meet

Ok you guys. Can we take the info from the past and modernize it. Find a newer better way to get water vapor into the engine. maybe something like in my first post. Something like the room humidifiers use. I'm thinking a fog like vapor of water will work better than tiny droplets drom a spray nozzle.
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #27
*shrug*

D Series Basement Sale II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgood
Ok you guys. Can we take the info from the past and modernize it. Find a newer better way to get water vapor into the engine. maybe something like in my first post. Something like the room humidifiers use. I'm thinking a fog like vapor of water will work better than tiny droplets drom a spray nozzle.
Do you know how the thing actually vaporizes? This is what I am wondering, I know that it is really the only thing on a humifier that would require power, and the problem might be that addition of a powered element, and it's ability to withstand constant heat and use. I think the principle behind the old stuff that we need to keep with is that it is only injecting the wudder when the throttle is open, and that is why vacuum in the droplets works, when it might be hard to do some electrical thing to signal the humifier to draw and process its wudder, but I am not sure, I will look for some newer sources of info and how the turbo kits do it.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #28
Driving on E

The Pulse Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Do you know how the thing actually vaporizes? This is what I am wondering, I know that it is really the only thing on a humifier that would require power, and the problem might be that addition of a powered element, and it's ability to withstand constant heat and use. I think the principle behind the old stuff that we need to keep with is that it is only injecting the wudder when the throttle is open, and that is why vacuum in the droplets works, when it might be hard to do some electrical thing to signal the humifier to draw and process its wudder, but I am not sure, I will look for some newer sources of info and how the turbo kits do it.
it actually might be totally possible to wire it up to the TPS sensor. The tps sensor detects when the throttle is open or closed. Hook up the TPS sensor to a relay that turns the humidifier on or off.

perhaps Diemaster can help with the electronics here. A humidifier isn't too complex. I'm sure if we took one apart we could EASILY get it to fit inside the air intake tube. Perhaps it can even be wired to the a switched power source that comes on when car starts.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #29
*shrug*

Coanda effect

<a href=http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/WaterInjection.html target=_blank>Wudder Injection</a>

Quote:
Water injection systems are predominantly useful in forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged), internal combustion engines. Only in extreme cases such as very high compression ratios, very low octane fuel or too much ignition advance can it benefit a normally aspirated engine. The system has been around for a long time since it was already used in some World War II aircraft engines.
Does this mean bad things for the average car driver like us? I dunno much about advanced timing, so enlighten me if it is an issure, please.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #30
*shrug*

Cool Java App For Calculating Power Needed at Given Speed

<a href=http://www.dawesdevices.com/howto.html target=_blank>Wudder Injection</a>

As I collect them, I'll put some more links up here.