Hydrogen Generator! - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #91
Registered Member

hahahaha I have my dad's

hahahaha

I have my dad's wedding ring, but It's gold. It needs to be melted down to a smaller size for my fingers but I'm not going to use it for the generator. I don't plan to get married so it looks like the ring will stay as it is.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 PM   #92
Registered Member

Well I talked to my cousin's

Well I talked to my cousin's mom who is a chemist and she said it won't hurt the aluminum but it depends on temps too.

I will use the bubbler anyway and it will lower the temp and remove all the crap.

She doesn't want to disclose anymore info. She thinks the fuel economy idea is stupid. They think the more they press the gas the more they save because getting to their location quicker. And they think warming up a car is stupid.

The compression for my car is suppose to be 175 on all cylenders. I got low 180's before nitrous and 190's after nitrous. A good engine cleaner is nitrous because it cleans some crap inside the engine.

Driving 55mph was stupid to gain mpg, but since then I have been driving the speed limit and got almost the same mpg thanks to the tires. He says I drive slow. I don't drive slow, I drive the speed limit. He tells me to drive like everybody else. If I get a ticket everybody else won't pay for it.

Anyway now that I know that it won't hurt the motor I'll continue and go look for some good electrodes. Get the generator done and put it in my car and be done with it. Let's see how stupid it is to get 30+mpg

Old 11-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #93
Registered Member

I'm having a really hard

I'm having a really hard time obtaining stainless steel. I go on internet websites and they sell it in bulk. I went to a huge hardware store and all they had was metal, aluminum, brass but they didn't have any stainless steel.

No wonder the hydrogen boost system is $500, it will waste so much time and energy it's easier to buy it for $500.

I'm getting a little frustrated, I'm getting all the stuff all you guys do is read and that's it. Flatland has helped a lot. So did SVOboy, but otherwise I need more help.

Isn't diamondlarry a welder??? Since he works with metal I bet he knows where to obtain the best metals. Maybe he can send me some stainless steel to my specifications and I can have this done. Hell If i get the metal I can probably make $50 a system and sell it. We can have a gassavers.org hydrogen generator. Not only will it be cheap but with the right metal we can have the thing working for a long time.

This should be a group effort. The parts are cheap. Even if the metal costs $20 I can still probably make a system that costs $50-70.

Mine will cost a lot more because I've never done this and have to buy some extra stuff. But #2,3,4,5 and etc will be cheap.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #94
Registered Member

Just the ABS material for

Just the ABS material for one system is $25. Then the fitting is $10-20, then the metal. Which will prabably be $20.

Even if the fitting are $20 the price for the whole system is $65.

$65 vs. $500

Old 11-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #95
FE nut

Quote:Isn't diamondlarry a

Quote:
Isn't diamondlarry a welder??? Since he works with metal I bet he knows where to obtain the best metals. Maybe he can send me some stainless steel to my specifications and I can have this done.
Unfortunately I only weld alluminum. I could ask around though. I heard that going to a scrap yard is a good place to get cheap stainless steel. The only problem with that is they may not have what you need and you may have to go to several places to get it.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #96
Driving on E

Re: I'm having a really hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888

I'm getting a little frustrated, I'm getting all the stuff all you guys do is read and that's it. Flatland has helped a lot. So did SVOboy, but otherwise I need more help.
I'd like to apologize for not doing more on this project. I've been rather busy with about a billion projects, one of which is finishing the body work on my car (95% done!) and preparing the engine to be swapped in a little over a month or so (crosses fingers). I decided a while ago not to do any modifications on my car until the new engine is in.

Also considering that I work at home 1 tank of gas often lasts me more than a month.

As soon as this engine is in though I'm going to be ready to try a lot of this stuff. I'm about neck deep though in other projects, a few of which involve this site.

As the site grows we will have more people willing to help. Considering how new this site/community is I'm very please with the group we have here already. A lot of people may want to help, but only a small few will ever have the guts to try something new.

Hopefully flatland will get back here more regularly and help you with your progress.

BTW, don't be afraid to start new threads about this instead of posting in the same thread over and over. This thread will probably lock sometime soon.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #97
*shrug*

Yeah, try out a new thread

Yeah, try out a new thread with your whole set up and everything, and start afresh. I'm trying to help as much as I can, but I dunno any welders, just machiners. I'm def looking to buy a system, but with my ecu chipping work I'm dead broke to contribute any money right now. I think your route of electroylisis is the best way, if you want me to start testing electrodes and **** at home, I'd be def down, just link me too some good instructions. :-)
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #98
Registered Member

Re: Quote:Isn't diamondlarry a

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Quote:
Isn't diamondlarry a welder??? Since he works with metal I bet he knows where to obtain the best metals. Maybe he can send me some stainless steel to my specifications and I can have this done.
Unfortunately I only weld alluminum. I could ask around though. I heard that going to a scrap yard is a good place to get cheap stainless steel. The only problem with that is they may not have what you need and you may have to go to several places to get it.
Can you get some for me?? The problem with going somewhere is I don't know what it looks like and people just tell me it's there and don't want to help me look. So far people told me that stainless steel is heavy and magnets don't work on it.

I found plenty of aluminum, but no stainless steel in small amounts.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #99

I can weld. I am taking a

I can weld. I am taking a TIG course at a local techincal school, and can currently weld mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. I'm working my way down to thinner materials, currently I am pretty good at welding stuff down to the 18 gauge range - the last module is to weld two razor blades together, sharp end to sharp end. I don't currently have a machine of my own, but hopefully will have one by August 2006 (graduation present). For a small project, I can do some welding at school. You should check out McMaster-Carr - they're generally pretty good about selling small amounts of metals, and they carry tons of stuff - it's who we use to supply a lot of our raw materials here at work. Their website is easily navigable, and is http://www.mcmaster.com

If you gather up the materials and get me a general plan, I'd be more than happy to do the welding for you. I've only been welding since the begining of September, so my welds aren't always looking like uniform stacked coins, but they penetrate well and I'm getting better. The only downside to me doing the welding is that at school we don't offer any backpurging capabilities, so the backside of the weld is usually kind of ugly. When I have my own setup in August, I will have a separate tank of Argon for the sole purpose of backpurging.

Let me know if you find what you want on McMaster, and if I can help with the welding. You might also want to check out some automotive aftermarket sites for stainless tubing - generally they sell it as exhaust components, and offer it sometimes in diameters up to 6". Here are a few of those sites:

http://www.summitracing.com/
http://www.jegs.com/
http://www.jcwhitney.com/
http://www.barnettperformance.com/
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #100
Registered Member

I did look at mcmaster and

I did look at mcmaster and they don't have any specifications I'm looking for. I also know about jegs and summit, I blew more than $2k on those websites.