Hydrogen Generator! - Page 20 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #191
Registered Member

Hello everyone, I have been

Hello everyone,

I have been reading through all 7 pages of this thread and find it interesting. There seem to be quite a lot of thoughts and opinions about H2 use in a car here.

There also seem to be quite a lot of questions and theories on electrolysis.

Anyone here a chemist or chemical engineer?

Capt Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #192
*shrug*

Quote:Anyone here a chemist

Quote:
Anyone here a chemist or chemical engineer?
Not me but I just read your other post and very very cool!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #193
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
chemist

I got an A in chemistry in High School not that great in college - class was too early in the morning if I can recall. Guess the simplest way to test it is to run with a Scangauge and turn on the gas and see what happens. Power needed to produce the gas is easy enough to calculate. Now would be a good time to create extra gas when braking etc. and store it for acceleration later use.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #194
Registered Member

Re: Home Made Hydrogen for better milage

Hello,
Looks like I'll revive this thread again, I'm also doing a current test like Gater Bait except on a mustang 5.0. I'm using a 4" PVC pipe with rubber end caps with distilled water and battery acid as the solution. I'm also using two 8" long S.S. bolts that have worked great for the past week. For now I'm just piping directly from the generator to the air filter, if there is any gain I'll put more into it.
Here are some pics:
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/500/DSC00725.jpg
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/500/DSC00724.jpg

I don't have any conclusive tests because I've been trying to play with amps and discharge hose size. This weekend I will be able to test hwy mileage on a road trip, I usually get 20mpg on the hwy so we'l see....

missouri03l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #195
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouri03l
Hello,
Looks like I'll revive this thread again, I'm also doing a current test like Gater Bait except on a mustang 5.0. I'm using a 4" PVC pipe with rubber end caps with distilled water and battery acid as the solution. I'm also using two 8" long S.S. bolts that have worked great for the past week. For now I'm just piping directly from the generator to the air filter, if there is any gain I'll put more into it.
Here are some pics:

I don't have any conclusive tests because I've been trying to play with amps and discharge hose size. This weekend I will be able to test hwy mileage on a road trip, I usually get 20mpg on the hwy so we'l see....
Welcome to the site...BTW what part of MO are you in?

I would be cautious about the effect of hydrogen on vital engine components -- it tends to eat them away over time, and before long the engine's trashed. Has it been modified to handle the corrosive by-products?

RH77
Old 04-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #196
Registered Member

I went to my college

I went to my college bookstore and I found out they sell all the metals I need to finish this project. I have all the materials in my closet except the metals.

I'm going to do this last because I still have to do the grill block, EBH, PCV catch can, ECT sensor and some other little stuff.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #197
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Quote:
Hello,
Here are some pics:

Welcome to the site...BTW what part of MO are you in?

I would be cautious about the effect of hydrogen on vital engine components -- it tends to eat them away over time, and before long the engine's trashed. Has it been modified to handle the corrosive by-products?

RH77

I'm down in Joplin,MO but I grew up in Independence,MO.
I can see where if your running only hydrogen for an engine then you will run into corrosive problems but I'm not convinced that mixing gas and a little hydro will produce such corrosive effects.
Course I'm just breaking into this concept any my background is more electrical than mechanical or chemistry.
Sites like this gives some direction too:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...ogen_Injection

I plan on replacing the engine sometime in the future so if I continue to run the generator I can look at the long term effects and then share!

missouri03l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #198
Registered Member

Quote:
I can see where if your running only hydrogen for an engine then you will run into corrosive problems but I'm not convinced that mixing gas and a little hydro will produce such corrosive effects.
Course I'm just breaking into this concept any my background is more electrical than mechanical or chemistry.

I plan on replacing the engine sometime in the future so if I continue to run the generator I can look at the long term effects and then share!
Good stuff. I was really hoping there would be more to this -- I was really looking forward to this maybe going somewhere, then it fell flat. Once everything is up and running, feel free to post any results in the "Experiments" and/or "How-To" sections of the site. Members really like to repeat experimentation to help prove results or achieve the benefits.

Anyways, finally someone from my general area! I live in Lee's Summit, so next door to Independence. I roll through Joplin on my way to/from Tulsa every month. So, that makes about 3 people in MO so far around here...

RH77
Old 07-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #199
Registered Member

Quote:

Hello - another Missouri guy here. Glad to have found this board.

Just wondering if anybody ever actually got a hydrogen generator installed and did some tests?

I've been looking at the idea, and even have a decent plan for building one, but have been afraid to try it out on our DD cars.

So... anybody actually try it?
krusin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #200
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I'm also from Missouri. St. Louis.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote