Hydrogen Generator! - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #71
*shrug*

Wow! That's a heck of a lot,

Wow! That's a heck of a lot, another good reason to keep this thread running, :-)

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #72
Registered Member

Well as I said my cousin

Well as I said my cousin told me that pure gold and silver almost/don't corrode. He knows what I'm talking about. He can even write out the whole formula, I can't.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #73
FE nut

I just got an email from

I just got an email from Fran and he said it would cost $80 for the plans and you would have to sign a liscensing agreement. Here is a quote from Fran's site about his generator.

"What is the Hydrogen-Boost System?

The Hydrogen-Boost System is a gas mileage enhancement system based on the main component, an on-board hydrogen gas generator. We build the most efficient and maintenance free, affordable, compact hydrogen gas generators in the world. Tests have shown over 95% efficiency on some of our prototypes. Our typical hydrogen generator will produce 1.5 to 2 liters of alternative fuel gas (hydrogen and oxygen mixed) per minute using twelve volts and 20-30 amperes."

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #74
*shrug*

Ah damn, 80s too rich for my

Ah damn, 80s too rich for my blood right now, :-(!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #75
FE nut

I know how you feel. With

I know how you feel. With some medical things that are going on with my wife, $8 might even be a little rough at the moment. ;-)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #76
Registered Member

We will work something out.

We will work something out. I'm still working on mine. I'll give you all the part numbers and links where to buy it. Before I can even start to assemble it I have to test out the electrodes.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #77
Registered Member

Producing O2 might actually

Producing O2 might actually be a good thing. You'll get better combustion because of more O2 in the cylinder. It'd be like an electrochemical turbo. But then if more O2 in the cylinder actually uses up more gas (do turbos and superchargers increase fuel economy? that's debatable) you might be better off not using the O2. The gasses can be kept separate with a little more work. I was even thinking about putting H2 into the PVC valve vacuum line and the O2 into a barb that's already installed on my intake tube. I don't know if it'd be best to leave the O2 out of it, though.

Gold and silver electrodes are good but very expensive. You'd have to make sure they have an infinite lifespan or replacing them is going to cost a lot. I've heard that platinum is acutally a better electrode. Even more costly though.

Electrolysis is definitely the way to go for producing H2. It's relatively easy and once the corrosion problem is solved, it won't consume any materials (except for a little electrolyte at a VERY slow rate). Plus it can be turned off with the flick of a switch.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #78

Re: Producing O2 might actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland2D
Producing O2 might actually be a good thing. You'll get better combustion because of more O2 in the cylinder. It'd be like an electrochemical turbo.
..as long as you add more fuel to the mixture.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #79
Registered Member

Yeah we don't want more

Yeah we don't want more oxygen in there. Because if we get more oxygen our fuel intake will go up and defeat the purpose of putting a hydrogen generator.

So the next question is how can I separate oxygen and hydrogen when it comes out the chamber?

Old 11-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #80
FE nut

If you get an EFIE from

If you get an EFIE from George Wiseman the ECU won't "see" the extra O2 and the fuel consumption won't go up.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn