I hate my Civic - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
...but is still is hard to get much over epa mpg in it. This is a common complaint of AT owners.
psy
not from this AT equipped Civic owner (granted mine's an '05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
...06 Civic
Right rear tire worn on the inner edge. Alignment issue. Cant be fixed by Honda. Theres not a problem. I fixed it. Of note Coupes have this problem in spades. Canada plant really blew it at one point. Honda,,, theres not a problem. Honda replaced both rear tires...
psy
thanks for jogging my memory - I noticed slight wear on one of my rear tires and have been meaning to take it in to the dealer to see what they say.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:41 AM   #22
Supporting Member

psyshack -

Would a used previous-generation Civic Coupe HX + manual transmission be a "good enough" Honda in your eyes? The problem would be finding one with low mileage, I think.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
psyshack -

Would a used previous-generation Civic Coupe HX + manual transmission be a "good enough" Honda in your eyes? The problem would be finding one with low mileage, I think.

CarloSW2

I know where ones at. My buddy that owns the 06 Coupe. His wife drives a HX, MT. Last year they where produced. Its red and a very clean car. I for the life of me do not know why he didn't take it to Germany. It has like 40k miles on it and looks just like a brand new car. I would purchase it in a heart beat if it was ever to be offered for sale.

psy
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #24
Registered Member

OT but everytime I see your name I have to chuckle. Makes me think of pussy shack! LOL!~
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #25
Registered Member

We love our Acura TSX. One of the best purchases we've ever made as far as a car.

If you don't like your Honda, get a Yaris or a Prius. But, shack, maybe you really are ready for a Ford.

m
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #26
Supporting Member

I gave up on honda after ignorantly buying an 02 TL-s. Beautiful car, impossible transmission. And it turns out that honda builds a lot of crummy transmissions in a lot of different models. I hate honda simply because I lost 2 grand by buying one of there junkers. Need I mention the 5.5 hour valve adjustment. Really honda, get a life! I'll take my orphaned saturn and my chances. At least when it munches a motor mount it won't cost $200

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #27
Registered Member

lol dont worry i hate your civic too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
I gave up on honda after ignorantly buying an 02 TL-s. Beautiful car, impossible transmission. And it turns out that honda builds a lot of crummy transmissions in a lot of different models. I hate honda simply because I lost 2 grand by buying one of there junkers. Need I mention the 5.5 hour valve adjustment. Really honda, get a life! I'll take my orphaned saturn and my chances. At least when it munches a motor mount it won't cost $200

that is the main reason why i will never buy a honda or toyota. sure they may seem reliable untill they break then it cost an arm and a leg to pay for a part... while my GM car and truck sure somehting may break but meh part is cheap so whoopey do. most of the time i can get to everyhting with standard hand tools so it takes alot less time.

lol my dad already has his mind set on buying a manual ford focus soon. epa says 37 mpg so i bet if you tried to save gas you could easily see
40+
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
lol my dad already has his mind set on buying a manual ford focus soon. epa says 37 mpg so i bet if you tried to save gas you could easily see
40+
Ahem ...or higher . Low to mid 40's seem to be effortless - 50's are within reach with some ...but if the build quality of a modern Civic is bothersome get ready for a shiz storm by buying a Ford ! Yes they have a bad rap Yes they are improving BUT they're quite a ways into the backwoods and its going to be awhile before the Quality is*truly* Job1 . As an aside "they have this real great rebate"
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
Supporting Member

I had two nissans, then a sunfire, then a acura, now a saturn. Guess which one was the best, most dependable, lowest maintenance, least cost of ownership.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #30
Registered Member

maybe saturn? sinfire maybe if it had the 2.2L

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote