I hit 38!!!!!!!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

I hit 38!!!!!!!!

Hit 38 mpg Wooo Hoooo!!!
But seriously I am having a fun time experimenting and seeing just how far I can make this car go! My wife is also getting into it. She has been riding with me and seeing my driving style and has been applying some of it to her car... The seville and getting great results. so far avg 25/gal. not bad for first try.
I want to hit 40! then if I can with some different modifications hit 45 on a regular basis I will be very happy! Just so you know,, I drive 60 to 65 on the freeway, I coast as much as possible It's pretty hilly here. That includes around town. I have done a bit of "safe distance drafting" seems to really help.
Rear wheel grease, need to do front and front brakes. Waxed car well.
And thats it! I'm pretty happy with going from an avg of 28 to 38!
ANY advice is welcome! Oh by the way did I mention I hit 38 mpg?

MrGiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Congrats! That's awesome for having an automatic. I just hit my record 36 in my VW. My wife decided to pick up some P&G, too.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks

Yes even with an Auto! So far I haven't had any problems with slipping it in and out of drive. It seems to respond very smoothly. The car also has an auto with O/D. My wife Doesn't do this with the caddy. It coast' really well and Sort of kicks out of gear all on it's own. I explained it in another post, don't remember where. But I'm glad she is on board too

Old 06-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Yeah, my '87 Deville coasted really well in gear too, though I suspect it would have coasted a little better in neutral. I know I did it sometimes just for experimentation. I even experimented with EOC on that car, not trying to save gas, just trying to see what it was like...
Old 06-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #5
Registered Member

Nice!

Now, is that the 1.5 L engine? If so, question: What RPM are you running on the highway and at what speed? I'm curious to see where the automatic is geared. I'd be very curious to hear whether it's 3,000 @ 60 MPH, or how much taller, etc

Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:20 AM   #6
Registered Member

Nice!

Now, is that the 1.5 L engine? If so, question: What RPM are you running on the highway and at what speed? I'm curious to see where the automatic is geared. I'd be very curious to hear whether it's 3,000 @ 60 MPH, or how much taller, etc

Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

Post Rpm's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate R View Post
Nice!

Nate,
I will check But I don't think it is 3k at 60 I think it's just a little below, somewhere around 2700, I can verify this tomorrow. It is an O/D tranny also that has a button on the side of the shifter so you can take it in and out of economy mode. When it's turned off it is higher rpm's and much different shifting pattern. Not bad for stock.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
Registered Member

Engine RPM'S

Nate I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this, but here are the actual numbers.
it's the 1.6 DOHC

4 SPeed auto with OD which makes it a 5 speed auto! kinda cool.
If I'm not on a hill or stepping on it. it will kick into OD at a pretty low speed around 40.

45 mph 18K rpm

50 20K rpm

55 2250

60 25K rpm

65 2750 rpm

These are cruising rpms NOT stepping on it

Joe