i need a new car - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Supporting Member

i need a new car

Anouther deer killed my car. its gone no more Honda. Im looking for a civic or a prelude or even a jetta tdi. Am i crazy my budget is 5-6 grand tops. Will i find it for that? I dont want a billion miles on them though. Tell me what you think.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Member

You can get a nice civic for $6K or a decent Jetta TDI. The TDI would be higher mileage for that budget. I would try to find one that has already had the turbo replaced.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
Anouther deer killed my car. its gone no more Honda. Im looking for a civic or a prelude or even a jetta tdi. Am i crazy my budget is 5-6 grand tops. Will i find it for that? I dont want a billion miles on them though. Tell me what you think.
That's a hell of a way to go deer hunting! And are you OK? Is it even deer season yet? And is the deer salvageable? Back when the engineers were testing the VW bug prototypes in the mid '30s, one day they were driving through the Black Forest, they hit a deer, tweaked the car really bad but it was still driveable...saw a picture with them, the bent car and the deer tied to the top. No sense wasting good venison...

Anyway, to answer your question, 5-6 grand should get you something really nice with a little looking and dickering...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Heh...people hide in trees at 4am wearing camo and deer urine to shoot deer with a bullet moving twice the speed of sound, and you managed to kill one with a car moving under a hundred mph.

Your budget should put you in the car you're asking about pretty decently.

Might I recommend one of these for your new car?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

Out of your choices, I would lean hard towards the TDI.....but that is me.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to Spade Send a message via Yahoo to Spade
you can always find a civic for that price. 01-03 perhaps. if not then 99-00.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
Glad to hear you're OK. I totally obliterated a deer in the Beast a few months ago. I hit the thing at about 30 mph, while the antilock brakes were leaving some really cool dotted skidmarks. Suprisingly the only damage to my truck was that the front end was thrown slightly out of alignment, and the antlers scratched the paint. The blood washed off in the next day's rain. Is your insurance covering it?

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
Registered Member

You should have aeromodded your car. I hit a deer head-on at 45mph in May and the low rounded front nose of my car acted like a scoop to send the deer sailing skywards and over the top of my car. The impact left a few dents in the nosepiece and hood that were easily bent back out. The biggest expense was $35 to replace a cracked left headlight. I had over $400 of damage when I hit a deer at 35mph in this same car 10 years ago in my pre-aeromod days.