I want a vx - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
They don't have abs, as abs is for suckers.
Then how do they do situps?

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #22
*shrug*

Oh you.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #23
Registered Member

I have been looking for a VX for a while. All the ones I come across have been completely trashed. I just keep looking and figure I will come across a decent one sooner or later.
GasSavers_Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #24
XFi
Registered Member

I was looking for one too, until I found Dan's

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Sometimes you have to take what you can get to get a VX. Here are a few pics of mine the day I got it home:

And how it looks now:

I've done all the work myself except for the cutting and replacement of the rear quarter panels. That was done by a person I worked with at his shop for $400 (just the replacement and a coat of high fill primer). I painted the car myself (for less than $30 with spray paint) after replacing the passenger door and fender along with the rear tailgate. Also changed timing belt, water pump, spark plugs and wires (had the wrong plugs in there) side mirrors, decarbonized the engine internally, and a few other mods as can be seen in my garage.

Price for the car was $1500 just over a year ago. Since owning it I've put just under $500 into the body and some maintenance. It's been worth it since I've saved more than that in gas since owning it.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #26
Registered Member

There's nothing wrong with a CX. That's what I drive, and it gave me low 50's MPG on the highway with its stock engine. Give it the aero treatment and you'll have a good high-MPG interstate cruiser for long commutes. They are certainly a lot easier to find than the VX.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
Registered Member

the CX

It seems like the CX is worth considering. It is nearly as efficient as the VX, and there are a lot more of them around. Everyone is after a VX, but the CX is less desirable and cheaper. I would buy one now if I had the money. I have found 4 in my area in the last four months.
GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:14 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
Sometimes you have to take what you can get to get a VX. Here are a few pics of mine the day I got it home:

And how it looks now:

I've done all the work myself except for the cutting and replacement of the rear quarter panels. That was done by a person I worked with at his shop for $400 (just the replacement and a coat of high fill primer). I painted the car myself (for less than $30 with spray paint) after replacing the passenger door and fender along with the rear tailgate. Also changed timing belt, water pump, spark plugs and wires (had the wrong plugs in there) side mirrors, decarbonized the engine internally, and a few other mods as can be seen in my garage.

Price for the car was $1500 just over a year ago. Since owning it I've put just under $500 into the body and some maintenance. It's been worth it since I've saved more than that in gas since owning it.

Hummm... Mine didn't quite like that but close. I really like your Penn State blue paint job.

I picked mine up with a savage certificate and had to apply for the title. It was a giant pain in the *** but worth it. They are out there you just have to look around.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #29
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
ABS is for people who never learned to drive, Learn to drive and you will be fine.
It just snowed here monday, first real snow of the winter, so I found an empty parking lot, and re-learned how my car handles in snow, sure if I tried I could lock up the wheels and skid, but you could feel it, and you had controle over what was going on, reviews I've read have even showen, ABS increses stopping distance, apparently it's most affective over 70mph, so if you plan on slaming on your brakes as that speed alot, and don't know how to drive, then maybe you should stay off the road.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote