If this don't get you pulled over then I don't know what will. (PICS) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

about LED brake lights and LED license plate lights. I doubt the brake lights will get me pulled over but the LED license plates should. Not only they are blue but they are dim like crazy. ...

I'm talking about LED brake lights and LED license plate lights. I doubt the brake lights will get me pulled over but the LED license plates should. Not only they are blue but they are dim like crazy.

Also my 3rd brake light is still a bulb because I haven't figured out how to take it off. But once I do I'll change it out to LED.

I ordered all this from Super bright LED's (superbrightleds.com)

I think their stuff is a little weak. Maxima guys use a different website for LED's and they are bright like hell. I should of bought it from there.

If you guys are not going to pay attention then I'll just stop posting what I install. It's a waste of money to take pics and a waste of my time. Granted it's a nissan but you can still see what it does for the car.

Now for the pics...

LED brake light, and LED license plate( Only left side for comparison view) Headlights on, brake not pressed

Everything LED except top 3rd brake light. Headlights on, brakes pressed.

Everything LED. Headlights turned on.

LED left brake light only. Brakes pressed only.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
Maybe send them back and get

Maybe send them back and get brighter ones. Kinda asking for the popo's to pull ya over there arn't ya? Get different colored ones too..

Old 04-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

I will call in the morning

I will call in the morning to discuss this. I'll probably get the bulb with 6 LED's and I wll make sure it's white.

6 LED's should be brighter than the original bulb that was there. I'm also thinking of ordering the 3rd brake light and figuring out how to get my brake light off.

Their prices are really good. Any comments on the brake lights?

Old 04-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
well from just pictures it

well from just pictures it really hard to tell just how *crisp* them LED brake lights are. Looks mellow and crisp enough tho
Old 04-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Registered Member

I'm thinking of ordering the

I'm thinking of ordering the same bulb for my 3rd brake light but I think I'll get 25 LED's in a bulb instead of the 12 I got.

Once I het rid of the intake problem and reset the ecu I should be back in the 28's mpg with some small agressive driving.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #6
Driving on E

It's kind of difficult to

It's kind of difficult to tell from the pictures how crisp the lights are or not. THis is probably due to the fact taht the film (albeit digital film) gets overexposed because it is night time.

Kind of like the guy who put the LEDS in his maxima and said it was really dull, even though the pictures made it really bright.

The license plate light however probably will get you pulled over, which is an extra pain in the ***.

If I were you I'd either get brighter ones or try to get some from the sight the Nissan owners are getting them from. I have no idea why it would be different across models of cars, but I also say to do what works.

It will be cool to see if you get even the slightest mpg increase b/c of the LEDs.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #7
Registered Member

Re: It's kind of difficult to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
It's kind of difficult to tell from the pictures how crisp the lights are or not. THis is probably due to the fact taht the film (albeit digital film) gets overexposed because it is night time.

Kind of like the guy who put the LEDS in his maxima and said it was really dull, even though the pictures made it really bright.

The license plate light however probably will get you pulled over, which is an extra pain in the ***.

If I were you I'd either get brighter ones or try to get some from the sight the Nissan owners are getting them from. I have no idea why it would be different across models of cars, but I also say to do what works.

It will be cool to see if you get even the slightest mpg increase b/c of the LEDs.
I'm going to call the place and have a talk with them about the license plate light. The LED's look good behind the lens, a little weak though, but that was expected.

The site where maxima owners are getting them is freaking expensive. They are bright like a mother, but expensive.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:47 AM   #8
Registered Member

called and talked to them.

called and talked to them. It will be cheaper for me just to keep the license plate bulbs since I paid 2.98 for both of them.

I'll just order new ones and this time with more led's in it.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
Registered Member

wow what a flashly car, over

wow what a flashly car, over here in Canada underlights are illegal but that's what an on and off switch is for

Personally I like to be concealed as much as possible for the reasons I have my own, plus I get enough attention as it is from pissing people off with my coasting to a red light.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
Registered Member

I ordered the wrong LED's

I ordered the wrong LED's again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time it wasn't my fault. The sylvania website gave the wrong number. FUDGE!

I ordered the wrong top 3rd brake LED. This time I'm going to go in the store with my bulb and compare then I will order the right one online.

Now I got better license plate lights that are bright and white but I need the 3rd brake light since it's on the most. Words just can't express what I'm feeling now!!!!!!!!!