Innovate LC-1 WB O2 sensor Installed - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

Does the Megasquirt come with "default" maps for running any engine? Or are there G10 NA maps already done that approximate the OEM computer?

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #12

it has some generic base maps and you can even generate a map based on the engine parameters that will get you in the ballpark. It is hard to tune an engine with a narrowband sensor since it only shows 14.5:1 and really nothing else. You can tune the entire map to 14.5:1 then extrapolate to the target AFR and be pretty close. That would save the expense of getting the LC-1 sensor. I plan on messing with the engine a lot so I went ahead and got a LC-1 for it. I can also use it to tune my other cars when I need to.

The MS can tune itself so you don't really have to manually tune it. Just get it close enough to run then drive around for a while and let it figure it out. Then normally they say go back and smooth out the map to make the engine smoother but I probably won't since I am not going for smooth I am going for mileage.

The MS setup I have is a pretty nice design. Once I get the bugs worked out and get it running with a decent base map then pretty much anyone could install one just by unplugging the stock computer and sticking this one in it's place. No rewiring required.

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
Registered Member

Very excellent. You're probably a G10 XFi MS pioneer.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote