Insight FE record attempt: good luck Dan! (krousdb) - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #51
Registered Member
 
philmcneal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 333
Country: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Is there even a non-hybrid record?

GOOGOG METROMPG lets do it! i'll be visiting the big city soon maybe we should do a 2 man marathon
__________________

__________________
If your reading this, then good for you, your saving some gas because your here.
philmcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
 
MetroMPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,223
Country: United States
Going to the Big Smoke, Phil? I'm kinda far away from there, closer to Ottawa.
__________________

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
 
psyshack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 443
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
It is, but I got to thinking -- it's an accomplishment of great proportions...

BUT

Whose to say we can't get some gassers together and use the same technique to get the same percentage over EPA combined?

RH77
When I was in Tonkawa, Wayne hopped in my r-18 Civic and in very short order had it to 85 mpg on a leg of the course just south of town at basicly the same speeds. Im sure with a bit of practice he could have gotten more out of it. About the best Ive ever done for 20 miles on country roads was 70 mpg. at a ave. 27 mph. All ScanGauge numbers.
__________________
09 HCHII, w/Navi
07 Mazda3 S Touring, 5MT
Mild Hypermiler or Mad Man?
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Wow -- good numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
When I was in Tonkawa, Wayne hopped in my r-18 Civic and in very short order had it to 85 mpg on a leg of the course just south of town at basicly the same speeds. Im sure with a bit of practice he could have gotten more out of it. About the best Ive ever done for 20 miles on country roads was 70 mpg. at a ave. 27 mph. All ScanGauge numbers.
Those are good numbers for an 8th gen Civic! What day were you down there -- I dropped-in Sunday around Noon.

After driving the Insight I thought of something, I know this will probably get me rode out of town on a rail, but was kind of mileage would it get minus the electric motor and batts? It seemed like keeping the IMA display centered between charge and assist got the best mileage.

RH77
__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #55
Registered Member
 
psyshack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 443
Country: United States
rh77

I was there for 30 or 40 mins. on thursday. Went back up on saturday for 5 or 6 hours. Had planed on spending more time than that up there. But things just didnt work out.
__________________
09 HCHII, w/Navi
07 Mazda3 S Touring, 5MT
Mild Hypermiler or Mad Man?
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #56
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Worked all week, had a wedding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
rh77

I was there for 30 or 40 mins. on thursday. Went back up on saturday for 5 or 6 hours. Had planed on spending more time than that up there. But things just didnt work out.
I was out of town all week for work, had a wedding to attend on Friday night and the reception Saturday (grrr), so I ended up having to drive-down early Sunday (left the house at around 6:30 am). I got to meet the crew and absorb some wisdom -- but I had to head back home that afternoon for more work

It was a good experience to put faces to Usernames and drive the Insight for the first time. Also, I hear you worked some diplomtic magic with the local police and fire department Overall though, the residents seemed pretty excited to have the event and were along the route periodically cheering on the drivers! I work in Bartlesville now and then, and I will agree, the folks down there are "good people".

RH77
__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 AM   #57
Registered Member
 
MetroMPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,223
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
After driving the Insight I thought of something, I know this will probably get me rode out of town on a rail, but was kind of mileage would it get minus the electric motor and batts? It seemed like keeping the IMA display centered between charge and assist got the best mileage.
According to those who know, a de-hybridized Insight would kick *** - in the hands of a hypermiler.

How well would a de-hybridized Insight peform (FE wise)?
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #58
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Insights with Cataracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
According to those who know, a de-hybridized Insight would kick *** - in the hands of a hypermiler.

How well would a de-hybridized Insight peform (FE wise)?
Ah yes, I recall this thread now. When these things start crapping out on the battery side, and get sold (hopefully cheap), the potential exists for a real contender.

RH77
edit for spelling
__________________

__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.