Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Is there even a non-hybrid record?

GOOGOG METROMPG lets do it! i'll be visiting the big city soon maybe we should do a 2 man marathon

Old 10-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #52
Registered Member

Going to the Big Smoke, Phil? I'm kinda far away from there, closer to Ottawa.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
It is, but I got to thinking -- it's an accomplishment of great proportions...

BUT

Whose to say we can't get some gassers together and use the same technique to get the same percentage over EPA combined?

RH77
When I was in Tonkawa, Wayne hopped in my r-18 Civic and in very short order had it to 85 mpg on a leg of the course just south of town at basicly the same speeds. Im sure with a bit of practice he could have gotten more out of it. About the best Ive ever done for 20 miles on country roads was 70 mpg. at a ave. 27 mph. All ScanGauge numbers.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #54
Registered Member

Wow -- good numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
When I was in Tonkawa, Wayne hopped in my r-18 Civic and in very short order had it to 85 mpg on a leg of the course just south of town at basicly the same speeds. Im sure with a bit of practice he could have gotten more out of it. About the best Ive ever done for 20 miles on country roads was 70 mpg. at a ave. 27 mph. All ScanGauge numbers.
Those are good numbers for an 8th gen Civic! What day were you down there -- I dropped-in Sunday around Noon.

After driving the Insight I thought of something, I know this will probably get me rode out of town on a rail, but was kind of mileage would it get minus the electric motor and batts? It seemed like keeping the IMA display centered between charge and assist got the best mileage.

RH77
Old 10-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #55
Registered Member

rh77

I was there for 30 or 40 mins. on thursday. Went back up on saturday for 5 or 6 hours. Had planed on spending more time than that up there. But things just didnt work out.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:10 AM   #56
Registered Member

Worked all week, had a wedding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
rh77

I was there for 30 or 40 mins. on thursday. Went back up on saturday for 5 or 6 hours. Had planed on spending more time than that up there. But things just didnt work out.
I was out of town all week for work, had a wedding to attend on Friday night and the reception Saturday (grrr), so I ended up having to drive-down early Sunday (left the house at around 6:30 am). I got to meet the crew and absorb some wisdom -- but I had to head back home that afternoon for more work

It was a good experience to put faces to Usernames and drive the Insight for the first time. Also, I hear you worked some diplomtic magic with the local police and fire department Overall though, the residents seemed pretty excited to have the event and were along the route periodically cheering on the drivers! I work in Bartlesville now and then, and I will agree, the folks down there are "good people".

RH77
Old 10-05-2006, 04:34 AM   #57
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
After driving the Insight I thought of something, I know this will probably get me rode out of town on a rail, but was kind of mileage would it get minus the electric motor and batts? It seemed like keeping the IMA display centered between charge and assist got the best mileage.
According to those who know, a de-hybridized Insight would kick *** - in the hands of a hypermiler.

How well would a de-hybridized Insight peform (FE wise)?
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #58
Registered Member

Insights with Cataracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
According to those who know, a de-hybridized Insight would kick *** - in the hands of a hypermiler.

How well would a de-hybridized Insight peform (FE wise)?
Ah yes, I recall this thread now. When these things start crapping out on the battery side, and get sold (hopefully cheap), the potential exists for a real contender.

RH77
edit for spelling