Intake Manifold Polishing Theory - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #31
*shrug*

You should try it at least,

You should try it at least, you're car might doing timing **** but you never know until you try with different cars and all that business.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I don't have an easy way to

I don't have an easy way to check the temp on my civic VX, but the stock air intake is taking air from a little to the right of the top of the radiator, and then of course the throttle body has what looks like the hot side of the coolent line running thru it, I'm told to prevent it from icing up, the whole intake manifold seems to stay pretty warm.

if you really want warm air intake something to think about might be the warm air intake design that older carburated cars used, they have a little vaccum "motor", and a theromostat valve that sits in the air cleaner houseing, right on top of the carubrator, when the air is cold, the valve closes, and the "motor" opens a flap that lets the engine pull air from a cover that goes around the exaust manifold, it's one of those things that if you buy a carubrated car, and the owner says it has a hard time running in cold weather, look to see if they removed this "useless" piece of ductwork, I've seen countless cars on Ebay discribed as only likeing warm weather, and you can see this duct missing in the photo.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #33
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
yea, the xb has that

yea, the xb has that composite intake manifold, and i want one!!

i think when the air/fuel mixture gets warmer or colder the motor adjusts the timing and you get different results and if its two warm the timing is thrown too much because of the cr, as previously mention, either way its pretty interesting...