introducing the "Rotten Egg" - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

introducing the "Rotten Egg"

maybe some background would be nice.

my first car was a burgundy Geo Metro. we sometimes called it the goose egg.

that kind of spurred my name for the new car. it is a 2008 Yaris S with just under 18K on the clock. my hope is to keep the miles off of it so it will only be driven maybe one day a week. I have already ordered an ultragauge for it along with some other stuff that I just wanted.

a buddy of mine does autocrossing and he really wants me to get into it with him. I doubt I will autocross it but I may take it out for a spin once or twice just to see.

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/3041

to clarify, I wanted a NEW 5 door one but they are made in japan and I was told that it would take 4 months to build and deliver. I was told that before the earthquake and tsunami hit over there. afterwards I was directed to look at other vehicles as they didn't know when production of the yarii were going to start back up.

mine is a Yaris S with a manual trans. it does have the power stuff on it but I mostly bought it because it was a manual and black. I like the color. I did want the 5 door but I guess the 3 will have to do. that was my compromise as I don't want to wait a year (or really who knows how long) to get a car.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #2

Re: introducing the "Rotten Egg"

Looking forward to seeing great results with your new ride. You've got better gearing & better aerodynamics than my box, so blow me away .

FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Re: introducing the "Rotten Egg"

maybe eventually (driving it that is). right now, I want to really put the miles on my cavalier. my situation has changed quite a bit so I am actually logging in quite a few more miles weekly than I used to.

I actually only plan to fill up the yaris about once monthly for quite some time. a buddy at work laughed at me and said my yaris was my "fun" car. his fun car was a pontiac GTO.

****edit****

another issue I have been having is that I haven't had a stick in about 2ish years so to be able to once again put the power where I want it makes my use higher revs. I really enjoy that right about now. even though it only has 106hp, it's still like a sports car to me

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote