Is it Legal? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #31
Registered Member

I'd agree that we should stick with what feels safe. I think the most important thing is to get good at the EOC on empty roads. The smoothness and ability to react to changing road situations is improved with practice. Remember the first time you tried the EOC? For me it was not smooth, and I could envision some dangerous situations on mountain roads, but once you are fully comfortable with it, it did not seem to me to be much more dangerous. One advantage to hypermiling is that you are paying much more attention to how your vehicle is running. One disadvantage is that you may divert too much attention to the FE. I have to remind myself safety first...but I too am trying not to waste resources and create pollution--it is super important on a global scale these days.

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
it's extreamly easy to accelarate if you have been EOC-ing, you simply keep your car in gear while coasting, with your clutch pressed in the whole time, as soon as you let off the clutch the engine starts, and you can take off just like you would have otherwise, I've done this when I started to slow down more then I wanted while coasting up hill, again if you know how to operate your vehicle, and pay attention you should be fine.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
it's extreamly easy to accelarate if you have been EOC-ing, you simply keep your car in gear while coasting, with your clutch pressed in the whole time, as soon as you let off the clutch the engine starts, and you can take off just like you would have otherwise, I've done this when I started to slow down more then I wanted while coasting up hill, again if you know how to operate your vehicle, and pay attention you should be fine.
Wouldn't that put a lot of extra wear on your throw-out bearing?

viper75 is offline   Reply With Quote