It happened again! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2006, 04:24 AM   #11

Yeah, I called two of my local engine importers asking if they thought they might be getting any Honda L13 engines...and they couldn't seem to find anyone with an answer for me.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:15 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
The Fit is on a boat between Japan and the USA right now. The Fit itself is using zero gasoline for this trip, so I guess it's getting infinite mpg right now.

FIT FTW!

seriously though, it'll be here in like 3 weeks.

I do have to agree with onegammyleg though... car salesmen usually don't know anything about cars. It's rather sad actually. they know a lot about fiancing though...

This is the first I've heard about the Fit having a timing chain. I'd be happy either way though, as my civic and my wife's CRX both had timing belts and we have never had a problem. Now that I know how to actually replace them, it isn't too scary.

WOW!!! does that mean you can add 3000 miles to your first tank? That will help you out.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
Registered Member

I tried searching the internet to find out if the Fit had a chain or belt but was unsuccessful. The Salesman told me it had a belt. I figured if he was going to lie to sell the car he'd say it has a chain. I don't like to have to change a belt every 60k miles (it's a major PITA). I had a VW rabbit diesel engine self-destruct once from a broken timing belt so I am sensitive to that.

The xB has the same engine my Yaris has (along with the Echo and xA).

The Fit is a very cool car. The Honda dealer told me there was no way I could buy a 2007 Fit with manual transmission... they are all sold out and won't be making any more. That's probably BS but what can you do when the dealer says they don't have a car to sell? I bought a Yaris instead and it's actually nicer than the Fit in some ways (ride quality, low end torque, better mpg).