It's time to push the car to it's limits. - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #31
Registered Member

hey compaq just because your

hey compaq just because your revs are low, doesn't mean you are achiving kick *** economy. It really is determined by your throttle position, if your rpms are low and you have to push down by a bit to maintain that rpm then sorry your spending more gas then you should. When you do reach crusing rpms try this, put TINY amounts of pressure on the throttle and see if you can maintain the same speed and rpms, if you can then congrats you improved at least 5 to 10 mpg! and if not you still get the bonus but your speed will slowy bleed off...

i didn't realize this until the scangauge told me, no wonder i've been getting 35 mpg tanks. Old habits are hard to break, i wish I knew sooner!

lucky here in canada speed limit is 60 mph on the hwys, sometimes i even go 40 mph if i'm lucky hehe... which nets me 65+ mpg in 5th! and 80 mpg if i decided to bleed and pulse technique.

how did you break your rack and pinion? it can't be due to engine off could it? I wish I can get kick *** economy but my short trips and crap load of lights sure don't help at all. Sometimes I wish I had some highway miles to compensate ;(

Or less drivers hugging my ***.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:50 AM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Rack and Pinion

Hey Compaq888 I just thought that you had a PS fluid leak out the end of the rack - was that Power Steering Fluid coming out?? I thought that the rack might be sealed with Hypoid lube and just the pump and slave at the steering shaft input would have PS Fluid in it. Need to know for flushing out the xB PS when I change the fluid over to Synlube.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Re: I believe he's already

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
jangeo, i didn't go below 65 because the engine really isn't happy in top gear below there.
Funny because my Geo would go all the way down to 25mph in 5th without a problem unless I hit a steep hill and even then it was a matter of no torque and I had to down shift but not from chugging or chattering. Maybe your timing is just a little too advanced.

On a level road it should be no problem as the power needed to go would be minimal.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote