I've never been more proud of my Geo Metro - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
well I know the stock Festiva Epa numbers are considerably less than the metro or VX. The Metro is rated at 43/51 and the Festiva is rated at 30/37, so that's what I was basing on.

The Metros that are notorious for great FE are 3 cylinder, not 4.
yea i knew the 3 cyl got better than the 4 cyl (no duh right ) but i knew the festiva only have with a 4 banger so i wanted to compare it to something equal (hence the 4 cyl metro)

i dunno i like the little boxy look of the festiva more than the "jelly bean" look of the geos

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #22
Registered Member

That's really quite something! I personally dig the 4 door geo look. or the early boxier geo's

Old 05-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
yea i knew the 3 cyl got better than the 4 cyl (no duh right ) but i knew the festiva only have with a 4 banger so i wanted to compare it to something equal (hence the 4 cyl metro)

i dunno i like the little boxy look of the festiva more than the "jelly bean" look of the geos
The OP has a 3 cyl. as well. I suspect that there may be something wrong with it.

I used to own an '89 Chev Sprint (same poop, different pile as a geo), but I didn't keep records of the mileage. I drove the hell out of it too. It just wouldn't die until the door posts rotted to the point where the door was going to fall off. I sold it for $500 when it had 250K km's to a friend who was a body man. He fixed it up and drove it until a hole opened up on the floor at approx. 340K km's. If it wasn't for the body, it'd still be going. Either way, he sold it for $350.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #24
Registered Member

Re: I've never been more proud of my Geo Metro

bump!

i wonder if all those people that over paid for their geos feel retarded now? granted, fuel prices are now almost where they reached their peak at that time, but...

timing is everything.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
Site Team / Moderator

The past couple weeks I've noticed a lot more Metros on the road than in the previous year. I wonder if people have started dragging them out of back yards & barns now that gas has hit $4/gal & up in this area.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo

Yeah I have been looking at some ten year old photos of my Geo Metro five door and it brings back fond memories but the xB is averaging 42-44 mpg with lots of 2 mile trips so I can't complain. The xB has more room and takes passengers more willingly, has a better sound system and A/C that can't be beat on a damp day.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #27
Registered Member

I've noticed a couple of Geos where I live. One was maroon, a '97 model, and very sharp. I've also noticed they're back on Ebay and the prices are starting to rise. Nothing close to $7300, but still, they're on the way up. Seriously, though, who pays $7300 for a Geo Metro that's 15 years old? I mean, you'd have to drive 150,000 miles to make up the difference or save anything in reality.
VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #28
Site Team / Moderator

That's what happens when people buy out of fear instead of thinking through things logically. If prices spike again I may look into getting a newer truck if I can find the right deal.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #29
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo

Man if I knew now back then when I had mine I would have had a lot higher mileage. From the past years of gas price rise it should top out in the low to mid $4 per gallon at the beginning of June just passing the 2008 peak when the average was a little over $4 a gallon.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I've noticed a couple of Geos where I live. One was maroon, a '97 model, and very sharp. I've also noticed they're back on Ebay and the prices are starting to rise. Nothing close to $7300, but still, they're on the way up. Seriously, though, who pays $7300 for a Geo Metro that's 15 years old? I mean, you'd have to drive 150,000 miles to make up the difference or save anything in reality.
They were buying in anticipation that prices would go up or that fuel could become scarce..

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote