Just ordered an EFIE - BrightGreen FeverBuster - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #11
XFi
Registered Member

Just INSTALLED an EFIE - BrightGreen FeverBuster

Finally got a chance to install the FeverBuster!!! About time, but I still have to adjust/tune it. I have it installed in my center dash compartment underneath my radio. The dial adjusts it from 0mv to a little shy of 400mv. I just dialed it in to about 200mv until I get on the highway and check if the scan gauge reads any improvement. Hopefully it will and I won't have to wait until a fill. I tried to make the wiring and install as factory looking as possible (so the dealership doesn't question or take note of it/as not to void my factory warranty) and the compartment hides it well. Hope to get a couple tanks with just the EFIE (will TRY to hold off on any other mods/additives), then I will be trying a few oz. of Acetone with it.

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #12
Supporting Member

XFi -

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFi View Post
Finally got a chance to install the FeverBuster!!! About time, but I still have to adjust/tune it. I have it installed in my center dash compartment underneath my radio. The dial adjusts it from 0mv to a little shy of 400mv. I just dialed it in to about 200mv until I get on the highway and check if the scan gauge reads any improvement. Hopefully it will and I won't have to wait until a fill. I tried to make the wiring and install as factory looking as possible (so the dealership doesn't question or take note of it/as not to void my factory warranty) and the compartment hides it well. Hope to get a couple tanks with just the EFIE (will TRY to hold off on any other mods/additives), then I will be trying a few oz. of Acetone with it.
My theory that belongs to me is as follows ... *ahem* ... This is how it goes. The next thing I'm going to say is my theory. Ready? ... *AHERRMMM* ... This theory goes as follows and begins now :

Since the ScanGauge does not use the short/long term fuel trims, I don't think it is registering the effect of the EFIE.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:26 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Finally got a chance to install the FeverBuster!!!
If they didn't send you any instructions...you should use this info to adjust it?

http://www.brightgreen.us/feverbus.htm

From my experience you don't want to reinvent the wheel....use their suggestions?

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #14
XFi
Registered Member

Oh, I definately will be trying to calibrate it (Today) like they suggest. I was just eluding to the possibility, previously mentioned by CarloSW2, that the scan gauge may not show an improvement (thus making it impossible to calibrate it according to the instructions). I should know soon enough.

They did just update the calibration instructions (in the link you posted)...http://www.brightgreen.us/feverbus.htm...they are slightly different than what I have. I will utilize the updated instructions. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #15
XFi
Registered Member

Well, just got done with over two hours of test runs to calibrate the EFIE. My daughter wasn't the happiest camper (drafted her to help me).

After punching the numbers into excel, I have come to the conclusion that either a more controlled calibration method is needed or that the scan gauge is not reading the mileage improvements as CarloSW2 had stated.

I was hoping for results that showed a constant increase/decrease in conjunction with the millivolt reading/input. My calibration tests consisted of 17 runs approximately 4 miles each (one way, then the other). I took the average of each run and I had adjusted the dial 20mv per run (0 to 320mv). Out of all the numbers...the best run was at 240mv.

I recieved no check engine light until I was completed the testing (I guess it didn't like the 320mv run ). I recieved a P2097 code which states 'Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System High Limit'. The Post Cat O2 sensor obviously did not like what it was seeing. I wonder if it is trying to compensate (or is) for the precat o2 readings.

I conclude that more testing must be done, but for the time being, I will dial the EFIE to approx. 240mv and check with the next fill up. I will try again next week with calibration.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #16
Supporting Member

XFi -

Quote:
Well, just got done with over two hours of test runs to calibrate the EFIE. My daughter wasn't the happiest camper (drafted her to help me).

After punching the numbers into excel, I have come to the conclusion that either a more controlled calibration method is needed or that the scan gauge is not reading the mileage improvements as CarloSW2 had stated.

I was hoping for results that showed a constant increase/decrease in conjunction with the millivolt reading/input. My calibration tests consisted of 17 runs approximately 4 miles each (one way, then the other). I took the average of each run and I had adjusted the dial 20mv per run (0 to 320mv). Out of all the numbers...the best run was at 240mv.

I recieved no check engine light until I was completed the testing (I guess it didn't like the 320mv run ). I recieved a P2097 code which states 'Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System High Limit'. The Post Cat O2 sensor obviously did not like what it was seeing. I wonder if it is trying to compensate (or is) for the precat o2 readings.

I conclude that more testing must be done, but for the time being, I will dial the EFIE to approx. 240mv and check with the next fill up. I will try again next week with calibration.
That is the same thing that I think I am seeing with my Eagle Research EFIE. Since I have the benefit of a digital AFR gauge, I *know* the exhaust 02 sensor is running lean :

Eagle Research EFIE Online ...
http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=5036
Quote:

Here is my interpretation of what I am seeing with the (Eagle Research) EFIE. When the EFIE is on, the A/F ratio creeps up to 14.7 + deltaT. The deltaT is a function of how high I set the EFIE. But, I also have a second post-cat 02 sensor that is used to manage emissions. Because the second 02 sensor is telling the ECU/PCM that the car exhaust is running lean, I think the ECU/PCM tries to resolve the difference by jumping back to 14.7, and then creeping up again. Therefore, I think the result of the EFIE is that instead of floating close around a "narrow ratio" of :

14.7 +- .2

It is now floating around the deltaT with a much wider span :

(14.7+deltaT) +- deltaT

What this means for my EFIE is that I still go back to 14.7, but I spend alot of time "floating up" above 14.7 before going back down.

I do think you will see an improvement when you fill up your tank. You can recalibrate the SG for this, but this will be an average bias the SG imposes over your whole tank, not the real-time direct effect of the EFIE.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
Registered Member

Feverbuster -B

If anyone is interested in Purchasing A Feverbuster -B Which Retails For 90.00+ does, IM willing to sell mine for $50.00. Please email me at David_Doner@hotmail.com if you are interested!! Thank
Doner8749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member

Scan Guage II has new downlaod for "X"Guage at www.scangauge.com/support/
2002 Air Box Mod...Air Tabs (5) on Roof...(3)each behind rear windows
Partial Grill Block with Custom Air Scoop and 3" Open Catback Exhaust
Lambretta UNO150cc 4 Stroke Scooter

DarbyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:

Maybe test a spread around 240 mv in 10 mv steps? 220 to 270 mvs? Wonder how long it takes the ECU to adjust totally to a change in mvs.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
I KNOW for a fact that the fuel trim tables of my OBDII Chevy WILL compensate for the readings from the cat-back o2 sensor. Which is why I will incorporate 2 EFIE's into my particular system. Gotta make the system completely blind.

Quote: