lca13's 93 California VX Thread - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #41
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
ok good, I just thought of that last night as I was going over my own grounds on my VX and noticed that my trans-to-chassis ground is frayed and corroded. Since today is my last Duty Day for the school year, I can start working on my intermediate wiper How-to for the site along with rebuilding my spare VX motor, a brake job on the VX, and the re-grounding of the chassis. I also have two spots of rust left to repair and then my VX will be "factory fresh".

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #42
Registered Member

Rust... ah, I remember.... don't miss that though.

Do you happen to know how varying the calibration resistor would affect O2 operation? I cut it and put a 10K pot in the middle and things seem a little better at 10K than the default, which was 5.7K ohms. Gonna run and get a 20K and see what that does.... just playing around cause I can't seem to find a description of exactly what the resistor does, other than "calibrating" the O2.

lca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
Registered Member

Finding that a higher resistance value seems to lessen the lean burn agressiveness. Tonight driving home I varied the calibration resistance up to 60K ohms (default is 5.7k).... it was still missing slightly in lean burn.... but not very bad at all, at speed anyway. The voltage across D14,D18 was not as high.

also put in a brand new set of plugs tonight in the parts store parking lot... no noticeable positive change with them though.

Gonna get a 100K pot in the morning and try that.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #44
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
hmm, I've never thought of changing the Calibration resistor. You're sailing uncharted waters at this point Lance. The only thing that I can think of is that th4e calibration resistor is part of the circuit for sending the O2 signal to the ECU, so in effect, you are altering the O2 signal that the ECU sees. But don't take my word for it as I haven't looked at the actual OEM controller circuit for the L1H1 in the P07 ECU, only the Ozzie controller circuit for the L1H1 which is different from the Honda one.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #45
Registered Member

how much of a difference in mpg between CA models and 49 state? Im getting like 48mpg with my CA VX... 215k miles , hx wheels....
GasSavers_bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #46
Registered Member

EPA est was 5 mpg greater in the 49 state... if I recall correctly it was 51 city 55 HWY ?.. something like that.

I am cosistently getting in the low 50's with a couple 54's and one 58.... before lean burn (which I am taking a break from for a bit)
Old 06-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #47
Registered Member

OK, might have got this lean burn thing working... I tried a different O2 sensor and all of the voltages now seem consistant with what others have seen. I am also monitoring injector pulse rate and it seems like it is injecting about 10-15% less fuel at cruise now compared to the non-lean burn ECU (just antecdotal observation though).... I might have to fill up and make a MPG run after the US Open finishes :-)
Old 06-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #48
Registered Member

Congrats Lance....Make sure to do a How-To to share with the world.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #49
Registered Member

Yeah, I'll do a DIY after some of the MPG runs are in... just the info on which three 4-wire O2 sensor wires and which 4 harness wires to patch into will help others.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #50
Registered Member

Lean burn is clearly working. I have a DMM hooked up to injector 1 measuring duty cycle. you can see (and feel) when it drops into lean burn.

Last tank was 62 mpg..... with A/C on for at least 1/2 of it and 10-15% city.