List of stations providing ethanol free fuel - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #51
Registered Member

Or the gas suppliers are simply making a money grab on the E0 demand.

The only sources for it by me, that aren't 40 minutes out of the way, are for high octane race fuel sold in jugs for $9+ a gallon. The current gap between regular and midgrade is too high for the fuel economy boost at this point.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #52
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
Or the gas suppliers are simply making a money grab on the E0 demand.
The only sources for it by me.... are..... jugs for $9+ a gallon.
I've mentioned on other websites(somewhere here too?), that, from the beginning, oil companies knew that ethanol couldn't efficiently release its power in low 87 octane, low compression ratio (9:1 to 11:1) gasoline engines. High 114 octane, high compression ratio(16:1) ethanol engines were needed to release ethanol power. In truth, more oil is consumed producing ethanol, transporting it to blending equipment & supporting "ethanol in gasoline industries" than ethanol can ever save. Yeah, oil companies love to blend ethanol in gasoline, because oil companies make lots more profit, than if E0 was the only fuel for gasoline engines. & now they realize they can price E0 as an expensive "specialty fuel", & make all the more money. Over 2-3 years ago, E0 could be found competitive to E10. Now it is very tough to find well-priced E0, altho lately & luckily, I got some E0 for the same price as E10.

Yes, I can see how you have no long term experience with real gasoline & its 8%, 8%, 7%-8%, 7% & 5% mpg superiority over E10 for my last 5 cars.

litesong is offline   Reply With Quote