LRR snow tires? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
LRR snow tires?

Tomarrow I should have a full set of Michelin X-Ice snow tires showing up, 155/80 13" they have a maxum presure of 51psi, are made with silica rubber that is from what I could find, is a lower rolling resistance rubber that produces a better grip, the only draw back of it is that it is more likely to alow your car to give you a static shock as you get out, and they weigh 14 pounds each, so not overly light, 12-14 pounds a tire average for that size in all weather tires, I'll tell you all how they are.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland
Tomarrow I should have a full set of Michelin X-Ice snow tires showing up, 155/80 13" they have a maxum presure of 51psi, are made with silica rubber that is from what I could find, is a lower rolling resistance rubber that produces a better grip, the only draw back of it is that it is more likely to alow your car to give you a static shock as you get out, and they weigh 14 pounds each, so not overly light, 12-14 pounds a tire average for that size in all weather tires, I'll tell you all how they are.

I have done alot of searching for LRR tires for my swift.The only one I can find was the Kumho 793 tires.If you go on the web site it says increase fuel economy very low wear rating but the only draw back I thought was tire pressure 35PSI max.I put them on and found no reduction from my OEM invictas fuel economy.Tire temps ran about the same. They are narrower than OEM tires 155/80 13".

green swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Team OPEC Busters!

The only ones I know of are the Nokian WR's. I have them on the van and don't see a hit at all compared to the summer tires. I actually wonder if they are a bit better then the summers since the mielage should go down.
GasSavers_Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

my Nokias roll along suprisingly well
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
Tuggin at the surly bonds

On my Passat, I had Kuhmo Ecsta 711, size 215/50HR15 for summer, and I had Pirelli Winter-carving, size 195/55TR15 in the winter. I found the narrower tires more than made up any lost FE when using the snowtires...and they gave great snow traction too!

[Edit] Note: these two tire sizes have virtually identical revs/mi so there is no speedo/odometer error.