LRR Suggestions - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

New Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
This link has been passed around a bit here... unfortunately it's 3 years old and I think some of the tires listed on that PDF are no longer in production.
I read online somewhere that Green Seal performed a new LRR Tire test recently, and has yet to publish the results -- I haven't found anything yet -- keep an eye out for it

RH77

Old 08-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #12
Registered Member

I have the Potenzas on my Yaris also. I don't like them but now that I know they are LRR I will cut them some slack. My Yaris tends to grab every line in the road and also you can feel any side wind blowing the car around. These are the only tires I've tried on it so far so it could just be the car, but I've had a lot of different cars with a lot of different tires... it feels like the tires to me. Cornering seems to be just fine (no squealing yet, and I take 'em fast to preserve momentum).

Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 AM   #13
Registered Member

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/ultra5.htm

"Find a size and brand that fits your car. If your original tire size is 185, go to a 195 tire, etc. Keep the same wheel (rim size) of course. Look at the tire catalog for the specs on tire diameters. We have found over the years that Yokohama tires give great traction in winter, have a great tire pattern and are cost effective. Another way to bigger tires is to keep the same width but use a taller height of the tire like this example: 185 35 R15 to 185 45 R15."

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #14
*shrug*

Someone should tell my yokohama to stop sliding all over the place in the snow. Once I did a 360 into an intersection though, that was pretty cool.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
Registered Member

...and by the way, Dunlop's idea of "Customer Service" is one of their "Corporate Lawyers" calling you to tell you the tire failure was not their fault. I will never buy another Dunlop as long as I live.

RH77
Old 08-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Someone should tell my yokohama to stop sliding all over the place in the snow. Once I did a 360 into an intersection though, that was pretty cool.
I've never tried them...like the Kumho Ecsta 60 series a lot.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #17
*shrug*

I like mine a lot, it was just that one trip to school that I almost died so many times.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #18
Registered Member

I believe the Kumho I had were LRR. I don't have any data to support it.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #19
Registered Member

Found the following discussion that mentioned a Consumer Reports study in 2005 that classified tires with respect to LRR.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.c...=141306&page=1

Quote:
Gary, the only thing I can point you to is Consumer Reports' recent (11/05) test of 18 all season passenger car tires. They ran the tires on dynamometers to determine the amount of drag each tire produced. They then grouped them in broad categories of "Excellent" (5 out of 5) to "Poor" (1 out of 5), so there could certainly be statistical variations within each of those rankings. CR has also included the "Rolling Resistance" ranking on a few of their more recent tire tests in the last few years.
One of the guys bought some Falken ZE 512 tires based on the results from the study but didn't notice any improvement in FE. Has anyone seen that study? I think one of my relatives subscribes so I'll try and track it down.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
...and by the way, Dunlop's idea of "Customer Service" is one of their "Corporate Lawyers" calling you to tell you the tire failure was not their fault. I will never buy another Dunlop as long as I live.

RH77
Me. neither! "Done Lops" ain't hitting on much!! IMO, of course....-whitevette

Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote