Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500 tablet pc running windows xp tablet edition. It is a bit old but gets the job done real well.

Touch Screen 800x600, Celeron 500, 128mb ram, 40gb hd, 6hr battery life. I cut up the mini dock and mounted it into the dashboard so I can just drop the computer in place and go.
Sounds like its more expensive than my car x5!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #12

It is a celeron 500 computer so it is getting old and cheap. I see one on ebay for $200 right now but it is not a good deal. I got the computer, dock, wireless keyboard, car and ac power adapters for $350.

I guess you can say I am past the point of only spending as much on mods as I will make back in gas. I am now spending way more on mods than I can save in gas. But that is typical for me I guess, I usually start out with a kind of normal car then I get bored and I start going nuts with it

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
Registered Member

All in the name of science... Nice work.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #14
Registered Member

This is very interesting.

I always think, "yeah, but what about emissions..." when people start talking about modding the stock maps & A/F ratios in general.

If that's a concern, I guess you could befriend one of the guys who runs an e-test dyno and test the changes to the car.

Looking forward to future MPG reports.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #15
Registered Member

Very cool. Are you using an Innovate LC-1 for a wideband? Also, have you seen David Andruczyk's Megatunix software? Since you have a PC in there, you can customize guages with it.

http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f...beb02ddbc25963
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Metro, there is a dyno business in Buffalo NY that did some work on my dad's stang. I've always wondered if they could "work in reverse", tuning to make the car more fuel effiecient, other than working to squeeze out hp regardless of fuel.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #17
Supporting Member

megasquirt

very nice mod, who cares that you don't make the money back... experience is invaluable. Only matters if someone can do it for less, same experience. But you still did it first.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #18

I guess when you run a car lean you get more NOx than normal so it might not be great for emissions but then again I still have not gotten around to putting a catalytic converter back on the exhaust so I guess it really doesn't change much coming out of the tailpipe.

I figure cars around here make no difference to the area's pollution since you have no idea what kind of mess they make with the emissions from coal mines around here. If you have a carbon monoxide detector in your house it will go off randomly if you are downwind of a mine. Mines around here are really bad for your health.

I am using the LC-1 wideband it is a pretty nice little device. Well worth the money they want for it. I would like to take my car and dyno tune it one day and get the fuel maps dialed in perfectly but with the wideband on the car it really isn't as important to dyno tune a car as much as it used to be. I figure the car is putting out less emissions now than it was since the car is running closer to ideal. But without finding a shop with a tailpipe sniffer around here there is really no way of knowing.

Also if anyone has downloaded the map I put on the car notice I put the fuel cutoff while coasting down to 1250rpm So pretty much any time I let off the gas it cuts the injectors There is a lot of stuff you can tweak to help mileage so once I get some miles on this setup it might be pretty impressive.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #19
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
I guess when you run a car lean you get more NOx than normal so it might not be great for emissions...
That's not neccesarily true. If you can get the combustion efficiency to go higher, the mixture will burn quickly enough that the temp won't have time to get hot enough to produce NOx. In the short time that I got to drive my first Saturn that had the modified head, I noticed that the coolant temperature was lower after the mod since the combustion event was happening much quicker.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #20

Well not being able to leave well enough alone....

I also lowered a bunch of other settings and it seems to be running ok. Now it cuts the injectors when coasting in gear at anything over 1200rpm and when decelerating but still under throttle it cuts the fuel by 50%. As well as no warmup enrichment after 30 degrees C. Car is still running smoother than it ever has before. I updated the msq file in my earlier post so download the new one and look around at it if you want.