Modification: Warm Air Intake - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #21
FE nut

Yeah. Even though they are

Yeah. Even though they are fixed value resistors, the temp varies slightly. It seems to vary between 242 and 247.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #22
Registered Member

cool, get that testing done

cool, get that testing done :-)

dfoxengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #23
*shrug*

Question

I know that the actual improvement numbers will have to wait for you to test, but I'm wondering. I think it was flatland I was talking about this with the other night, and he mentioned about the 02 sensor, and I was wondering how much the 02 sensor will realize the temperature is wrong and the burn is too lean and richen it up? It might be different since you're obd2 and I'm obd0, but I figure if it yours will still leave it lean than mine would be more likely to leave it even leaner.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:56 PM   #24
FE nut

With my EFIE device fooling

With my EFIE device fooling the computer into thinking the mixture is rich I'm able to overcome most of those problems. Without the EFIE the ECU would likely counteract anything I would try.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #25
*shrug*

Aha!

Good point, I forgot about that. I want to go looking for one now...Are you feeling a huge power drop because of the intake thing or something like that?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #26
FE nut

There doesn't seem to be a

There doesn't seem to be a huge power drop. I know this because if I'm not carefull when turning onto a crowded highway, I end up lighting up the tires. Not so much with the new tires though. By the way, in case anyone was wondering about my picture, it's what my piggybank looks like when I go to the gas station.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #27
FE nut

Here are the numbers from my

Here are the numbers from my testing. I did two runs of 10 miles each with the mod and without. Since I had the mod in place I srarted with that first. Here are the numbers: with(mod)-56.5 & 57.1, without(stock)- 44.2 & 44.6. If I've done my math correctly, this figures out to be a little over 28% increase. A bit shocking for something so simple. It will be interesting to see what happens when the temps fall to around zero in the Indiana winter.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #28
Driving on E

Diamondlarry, Is the mod

Diamondlarry,

Is the mod you're talking about the warm air intake, or the little plug you put on your Intake Air Temp sensor to trick it?

Also, I'm curious to know if this type of modification has any long term negative effect on the engine (running too lean, etc.)
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:05 PM   #29
FE nut

Actually I just twisted the

Actually I just twisted the resistor combination together and shoved the ends into the plug. As far as any damage goes, I have been running this way since back in April and haven't noticed any adverse effects.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #30
*shrug*

Re: Actually I just twisted the

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Actually I just twisted the resistor combination together and shoved the ends into the plug. As far as any damage goes, I have been running this way since back in April and haven't noticed any adverse effects.
Could you see a difference on the temperature gauge for the engine or anything to suggest it was running hot? That's a mondo increase. Think you could test with the mod but minus the EFIE also? I'd be interested to see hwo much correction there is.