More detail - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #1

More detail

I can't help but think about the analysis that this site could produce with more input options.

I would like to have a dropdown for octane, gas station chain, average temperature, tire pressure, etc so that we could mine the data. I would also like to tie my driving style into my profile aka All city driving and aggressive. I would also like to find out if there are any mods made to the car that helped and how much aka did changing to a different air filter brand change mpg when was it changed and what do the fillups look like before and after. I would also like to see when maintenence was done and what products were used and what mpg effect it had. Anyhow great job keep up the good work

josh434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
pb

One of the constant balancing acts we have here is deciding between having more data to mine vs. ease of use. I agree that more data means more information to pour through and analyze. But that also means we complicate the interface for entering data. And if the interface is too complicated, people won't add data in the first place.

So I completely understand that you want even more structured data from Fuelly users, but keep in mind that all of these people might not be users if we had all of that structured data. So we're trying to find that happy medium where we have enough for analysis, but not too much that it's alienating. I think we're striking the balance well now, but there's always room for improvement on both sides of the spectrum.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #3

Fuelly is cool - thanks for making it available. How about making it possible for more than just the last dozen data points being shown on the graphs...?
m0d0nne11 is offline   Reply With Quote