More info please - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
Country: United States
Jay2therescue your just on top of all my questions thank you
What about nitrogen gas if you fill your tires with that will I get some improvement or is that just to keep my tires at a constant pressure
__________________

Google7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 200
Country: United States
Drive it smart aero mods will probably be the best gains in mpg for you and the wai.
__________________

Rusty94cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,624
Country: United States
Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Nitrogen tire filling is just to keep someone else's wallet full. There's nothing to gain. In fact, the biggest purported benefit is that nitrogen can't seep out through the porosity of the rubber; but if that's true then with air already being 78% nitrogen any seepage will be the remaining 22%, so you only have to top it off a few times before it's probably over 90% nitrogen.

In a race car it might make a difference, but a regular car driven in regular traffic will never have any sort of difference.
__________________
This sig may return, some day.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
I agree. There is not really any advantage to having Nitrogen in the tires of a street vehicle.
__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
Country: United States
ok so I went and built a fuel vapor system and I hooked it up right on the intake manifold there was a spit sticking out of there so I took the tab off and routed my hose there to connect it it is a 4in abc pipe 1 foot long... I tested it with out and I was getting between 16 to 17 mpg and after I installed it I went for a 10 mile test drive at 95kms and reset my mpg computer and at the end of the 10 miles it hit 19 mpg

when I first bought the truck it had 94000 kms and my first tank it only did 14 mpg after a few tank fulls it went up to 15 mpg .. I bought a fuel max chip from flebay and my next tank
and from then on in I've been averaging 17.1mpg

not sure how to put pics on here tho to show you
Google7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
Country: United States
pics of my system

I hope this works foe getting my pics on here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	1506  
__________________

Google7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recent Activity Jerrya2k9 Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 02-29-2012 12:07 AM
Suggestion SummitSonata Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 09-29-2010 03:19 AM
New Jersey in the house! SVOboy General Fuel Topics 12 11-25-2006 01:11 PM
Mineral Spirits- might not be a good additive diamondlarry General Fuel Topics 10 12-17-2005 03:52 PM
I was looking through my crx dealer brochure... bagpipe goatee General Fuel Topics 10 09-04-2005 04:51 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.