My 'Best Tank'... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
*shrug*

There are some cases

There are some cases floating around, search superMID on google and poke through some of the japanese stuff.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #12
Registered Member

Re: Anyone else want a SuperMID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
It's tempting..

I'm a bit hesitant however b/c of the lack of a case and the fact that MPG isn't supported.
Ahh. Stuck in the MPG paradigm you are. My Supermid convienently lies between the windshield and dashboard by the drivers side A pillar. Since the cable is routed thru the dash and up by the A-Pillar, the cable holds the SuperMID in place. If it came with a case, I would have thrown it out.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:10 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
If it came with a case, I would have thrown it out.
funny you should say that. in fact, a case-ectomy is on my list for my scangauge. i'm going to separate the display from the buttons because the case looks hideous and occupies too much of my peripheral vision perched up on the instrument cluster.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:15 AM   #14
Registered Member

Re: Yay, standing up for the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
RH77 needs to get one,
Right now, I need a ScanGuage for my current objectives. When the time comes, I'll probably get a SuperMID, sorry :-)

RH77
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #15
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
It's tempting..

I'm a bit hesitant however b/c of the lack of a case and the fact that MPG isn't supported.
Ahh. Stuck in the MPG paradigm you are. My Supermid convienently lies between the windshield and dashboard by the drivers side A pillar. Since the cable is routed thru the dash and up by the A-Pillar, the cable holds the SuperMID in place. If it came with a case, I would have thrown it out.

You make an excellent point. Okay, how about this: As soon as the SuperMID can give me instantaneous FE based on MY CAR and not the Prius, I'l lget one.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #16
*shrug*

I assume this is a part on

I assume this is a part on the chip itself that does this. If I get some love from yoshi I will try to do a reburn.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #17
Registered Member

OK start flaming

OK start flaming me, but I bought a ScanGuage today. I really need a picture of what my car's doing before I do an OBD-I swap, and I can analyze rentals better too. When the time comes to get a SuperMID, I'll probably get one, but until then...

RH77
Old 04-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #18
*shrug*

I'm not flaming you, the

I'm not flaming you, the scanguage kicks *** and for an obd2 car, I reccomend it. When I was getting on your about the MID I forgot about the rentals, and thought the MID would be more practical since you might be going obd1 eventually.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
Registered Member

Re: I'm not flaming you, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I'm not flaming you, the scanguage kicks *** and for an obd2 car, I reccomend it. When I was getting on your about the MID I forgot about the rentals, and thought the MID would be more practical since you might be going obd1 eventually.
Excuses, excuses. ;-) I'll probably hook it up to the TL if I switch the Teg to old school (or any car we replace the TL with -- leaning towards the Civic or TSX - Non-Navi doesn't have the MPG guage). And the rentals, since some trips are only 20 miles at the most. I've been wanting one for months, and it's finally on it's way (insert Dr. Evil laugh here).

RH77
Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #20
*shrug*

Same can be said of me and

Same can be said of me and the superMID, trying to get my gas mileage up just ramming around and then I'll get to modifying again when I get the MID to tell me what's going on. Hopefully I'll get some goot mileage, not very good last tank though but I dunno.