Need super MID help please - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Need super MID help please

How do you calibrate a super MID ? I am currently getting 32 city and 40 highway MPG in my '93 Civic DX, but the super MID gives an average of 48.8 MPG city and 89.768 MPG highway.

118.4 miles divided by 2.919 gallons used = 40.56 MPG

super MID gives a reading of 38.15 Km/L - so I divide 38.15 Km/L by .425 and come up with 89.765 MPG.

Please tell me I did the math wrong.

( Also the speed is way off as well. I averaged around 62 MPH, but the super MID says I was doing over 100 MILES per hour )

Can anyone with some knowledge of the super MID help me out please.

Nerds laugh at me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Registered Member

When you gas up, before resetting the MID, compare the distance travelled numbers from the MID (in km) and your odometer (in miles). Also compare the amount of gas pumped (gallons) and the fuel value (liters) on the MID. After converting them to the same units, if there is a difference between these sets of numbers, go into the MID and adjust the distance and/or fuel correction factor. The distance value usually dials in fairly quickly, the fuel used value usually takes a little longer due to variations on when the gas pump clicks off. As you get closer you'll need to average several tanks before making a slight change to the fuel correction factor.

The following is a good site for converting between mpg and km/l. Each km/l is about 2.3mpg.

http://www.statman.info/conversions/...nsumption.html

Old 11-11-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
After converting them to the same units, if there is a difference between these sets of numbers, go into the MID and adjust the distance and/or fuel correction factor.

]

How do I adjust the difference in the MID ?

Also, where can I find a sort of 'owners manual' for how to work the MID ?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Registered Member

The following site shows the Super MID menu structure.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1...menueng7of.jpg
Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks for the help Basjoos.
If my current average is 40.56 MPG and super MID reads that I am getting 38.15 Klm/L, what numbers would I set the thing to to have it read right ?
I set the fuel parameter to 9750.
Also, is there a way to save the trip info and have the average of several trips on the super MID itself ? I have been just writing the average readings down for each trip and averaging them on paper.
I do this because the thing remains on all the time even when the car is turned off ( I have it wired right to the battery for a power source. ) I unplug it every time I turn the car off.

How do I use the lap channel history and tank channel history ?

I notice that pressing the big button on the left of the unit toggles the screen between between the 'trip' setting the A and B trip and lap settings.
It seems to hold some info in memory even whenthe unit is unplugged* , but I'm not sure what I am looking at.
(* Meaning the info is still there the next time the unit is plugged in. )

I keep the unit plugged in all the time, it never shuts off, so I'm worried about running down my battery.
Also I have it mounted where you have yours ( just behind the steering wheel ) I worry about the thing getting to hot in the sun and burning up.

I have installed a full belly pan now. Only my exaust from the catalic converter back is exposed. I have also installed a partial air dam and a "ducktail " extention from my bumper, so I'm really eager to run some tests using the MID.
Is data that is stored in the unit added to the current figures in any way ?
( Like a trip average )
What is the proper way to use the unit. I plug the unit in > the screen appears to reset itself ( all the figures start at zero ) and the time clock starts.
When I end my trip, I turn off the car and write down the info on the MID. I then unplug it. Am I doing that right ?