new car - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon64 View Post
i seem to remember that gm came out with a performance s10 with a turbo 6cyl called the cyclone back in the early to mid-nineties i think they are collector items but it would be perfect for what i want
yup they started that version way back in early 80's too. yes they are rare but i have seen a few. its easy to find a 1st gen s-10 and since they were carbed or simple throttle body FI they make excelent cars to do engine swaps cuz most still had simple guages / idiot lights that could easily be hooked up and the stock speedo was cable driven off the tranny.

ive found lots of performace parts for the 4.3 L v6 which is what they used so its still possible to build up one close to a cyclone. belive it or not for the 2nd gens they were in talks of having an optional v8. but it never happened.

and again thier having talks for the colorado/caynon to get an optional V8 but nothings been decided yet... so you could alway swait and see what comes about of that. v8 hooked up to the 5 speed manual. mm mm fun!

or could get one with thier newly designed (but not new technology, there have been lotsa I5's in history just never caught on) inline 5 engine. i dunno if it trust that engine yet, but i havent heard anythign bad nor good about it...

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #22
Registered Member

Why not get a cheap car and save your money? All cars are losing investments. Or how about an old diesel for a WVO conversion? You'll be the only guy on the team with one!

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
Why not get a cheap car and save your money? All cars are losing investments. Or how about an old diesel for a WVO conversion? You'll be the only guy on the team with one!

I'll have to agree and disagree with you on the cars being losing investments both of my pre-1972 muscle cars have appreciated and continue to appreciate in value ex. the 65 cobra we restored is worth way over 60,000 today and will continue to rise and the falcon which is comparable to the modern day tauras is worth well over what i have in it. But anything other than collector cars you are right seems like a losing investment. At the same time you only live once and you can't take anything when you go so........

WVO is a cool thing although not practical in my situation nor would i like smelling like burnt french fries all the time.

now a 80's turbo diesel vw gti would be a sweet little ride to throw around and get good mpg and performance when needed.
falcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
or could get one with thier newly designed (but not new technology, there have been lotsa I5's in history just never caught on) inline 5 engine. i dunno if it trust that engine yet, but i havent heard anythign bad nor good about it...
I love the Colorado!!! i put 3000 miles on one in 3 weeks driving around fla. doing some work for my fathers company. Around 22 appox mpg on the highway 4wd and 4 doors can't beat it. He has a few of them and the guys who have them love them even for a fullsize silverado!!!
falcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon64 View Post
now a 80's turbo diesel vw gti would be a sweet little ride to throw around and get good mpg and performance when needed.
*chough*tdiswap*cough*

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote