New chevy Cruze - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Why are you posting inside information from your employer without permission? Are you trying to get fired/sued? Probably not a good idea to also include your personal email address.
Cant get fired/sued cause that is public info you can find it on various sites including the one i posted.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
My interpretation of the first post is to spread the news about the Cruze. The info that was posted has already been released to the media, so it's not exactly insider info. I might consider it to be spam, except I'm interested in cars like this. It has good FE potential with a small turbocharged direct injection engine mated to a 6 speed trans. Wether or not it lives up to it's potential is another story. How about adding variable intake cam timing and give it a semi-atkinson cycle during cruise? Yep, I want it all!
Since gas prices are not stable, there's no telling what consumers will want by the 2010 model year. Better stick to a platform that can be adapted to a changine market. Which reminds me, GM made a good move by developing the XFE version of the Cobalt. The Cobalt SS has excellent power and handling, while the XFE is cheap and gets great FE. Keep that sort of capability/ flexibility in the new Delta 2 platform and GM should be able to react to whatever the market becomes.

Its not spam i just am pumped for the car so i might of added positive bias to it.. my bad

Old 08-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
cruzedriver,

I would still get the scangauge because it does so many other things and tells you so many other things other than just mileage. I will be in the market for another gas savvy car by somewhere in that time frame so I may be looking into it myself as long as it is descently priced.

if you get time, check out www.scangauge.com and read up on the scangauge. many of us around here swear by it as long as your vehicle is 1996 or newer.
yeah i probably will get one i checked out the website and it seems like it could be very helpful
Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Welcome. We do have a large Honda fan base here, but they're relatively less rabid than on other forums. We've also got a surprisingly large percentage of GM fans.

It should be easy to get 55mpg from the car if it's rated 45mpg. That's only ~20% improvement. I used to beat the EPA by more than 20% without any modifications and without trying to use any hypermiling strategies.

What is your job with GM? Got any technical info about the car? Gear ratios, torque at low RPM, etc?

Also, keep in mind that it's generally considered a little rude to ask people on a forum, mailing list, or discussion group to email you. It's expected to be an open discussion where people can easily post a reply, and later others can find the discussion to learn from it.

I work at an engine plant... but no i cant get any tech info... just know what i see online. Plus if i could get the tech info i would prob get in trouble for telling that.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 AM   #15
Registered Member

About posting my email i apologize if it is considered rude, i am new to this forum and i was not foor sure that i would be able to keep looking at it so i figure email would be the easiest way to communicate...
Sorry
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #16
Registered Member

I think that tjts was just thinking that your email address could be used by GM to track you down if you had given out any technical data that wasn't public.

The Cruze sounds like a great direction for American automakers to go in.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I think that tjts was just thinking that your email address could be used by GM to track you down if you had given out any technical data that wasn't public.

The Cruze sounds like a great direction for American automakers to go in.
oh ok i see but yeah i wont be posting anything thats not public so ill be fine thanks for all of the concern though
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
Registered Member

I have a Cobalt XFE and my best tank so far has been over 48mpg so if highway rating on the Cruz is around 45 getting 55 - 60 mpg tanks shouldn't be a problem.

Fr3AkAzOiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #19
Registered Member

oh ok sweet did you do any modifications to your cobalt??
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
Registered Member

Re: New chevy Cruze

seems as tho the cruze is doing pretty well...http://green.autoblog.com/2010/07/27...ing-to-u-s-th/

tho the link is old, the trend has made it to the states...can't find the recent link, but i saw a source that reported it #1 in sales of compacts this year. obviously toyota and honda were hurt by the tsunami however.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote