New Dodge sub-compact from China. - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
No posts here have been accurate in any way, shape, or form. All the statements made here regarding Chinese manufactured goods are qualitative, not quantitative. Which is besides the point, since they are still generalizations, and compare cars that are literally $3-6000 to cars that are $10-20000. If you pay more you're more likely to get more. Hell, these probably do better than plenty of 80s automobiles that currently fetch the same price used, but I don't see anyone ranting about those...

Really, wages are not going up, materials are not going up, they are not having environmental problems and China has no AIDS or civil rights violations under their belt......

WTF?

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88HF View Post
I don't know why everyone here is saying its the Chinese fault... that they have no regard. They are simply misled by their government and allowed no hope for a better future...
Mislead by their government? Turn on the news, just this week we saw that it was BUSINESS that was mis-leading the government in the form of bribes....and their top Safety and Health guy is now dead!

-Emil Faber
Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Spule 4 -

That's what happened to my kitty. I was giving my old kitty Science Diet wet food, so I thought I was immune. Then one day, I go to Petco and I find that her favorite Science Diet food had been pulled from the shelves. The vet said she was a goner. I was calling the Euthenasia folks when she started eating again. Thank goodness Purina Pro Plan hadn't sourced from that Chinese vendor!!!!!!!

I researched the tire thing and it didn't seem to effect "consumer" brand tires. It seemed to only be off-brand tires that were used in construction and trucking.

CarloSW2

Yes, my heard was OK (four cats and a Pembroke Corgi *****) but I know a friend's cat was not. Glad to hear she pulled through, having lost several cats to kidney failure, it is not a good way to go.

Now, about that glycol toothpaste?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288979,00.html

Nevermind, I forgot that all the posts in this thread are drivel.....

-Emil Faber
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #34
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Quote:
And two brands of toothpaste sold in Spain were pulled from store shelves after the substance was found, the European Union said Tuesday.
Nice article. I was talking to a friend in Spain the other day and we got on the subject of China. Seems they sell "faulty ****t" (as she put it) to every nation.

China is so uncoordinated and corupt, its empire will not rise again..

Edit:
Quote:
But hey, it may improve, it is now illegal to put Glycol in toothpaste there, so that is a start!
Think that will really stop all of them though? Im sure some producers will still sneak it in...
Old 07-15-2007, 05:21 AM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog671 View Post
Nice article. I was talking to a friend in Spain the other day and we got on the subject of China. Seems they sell "faulty ****t" (as she put it) to every nation.

China is so uncoordinated and corupt, its empire will not rise again..

Edit:

Think that will really stop all of them though? Im sure some producers will still sneak it in...
Read my post, then read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

-Emil Faber
Old 07-15-2007, 07:19 AM   #36
Registered Member

Spule, I was agreeing with you, not criticizing your opinion...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #37
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I've worked with all kinds of things made in china, and am of the opinion that almost all of it is crap as well, I've repaired gas engine scooters made in china, and the quality of their castings are poor, their plastic is thin, and befor you sell a brand new one you have to rip it all appart and put it back together befor it will work because of the simple fact that whoever assembled it wasn't getting paid enough to care.
I've started noticing a strong pattern in articals about tractors, diesel engines, and other mecanical equipment that is made in china, and they have all said the same thing about quality, poor quality castings, poor assembly, sand left in the castings, low quality steel used, then I read an artical just the other day about compenies in europe buying up used farm equipment from the US, then people in the US buy simaler stuff from china... we are so focused on price that we ignore quality.

Japan quickly realized that quality was needed to servive, but they also realized that if they wanted to sell us stuff they had to make some of that stuff here, Toyota and Honda both have factories in the US, and put a focuse on quality controle, so much so that other compenies look to them as a buisness modle.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #38
Registered Member

Not only are their products complete junk, I think its sad how dependent America's economy is to China. You can turn darn near everything upside down and see the "Made in China" on it. Everything! What happend to "Made in USA"?

I will tell you, one of the scariest things that happend to me was when I was using a vehicle spring compressor that was made in china and it broke. For those who dont know how much force is behind a car spring, I had to compress mine to nearly 2000 psi. Ejected springs will rip your head off and go straight threw the wall behind it..

The next time you are at the grocery store, check this out. Find any kind of apple juice, doesn't matter what brand. It is all from China. Meanwhile,last season in a huge orchard nearby, the apples were let to rott and all the workers fired because it was cheaper to do so than harvest them...
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #39
Registered Member

When it comes to food, all people need to do with most items is insist on 100% organic to insure that it's produced domestically. China aint going down that road.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4 View Post
Really, wages are not going up, materials are not going up, they are not having environmental problems and China has no AIDS or civil rights violations under their belt......

WTF?
Quote:
qual?i?ta?tive
?adjective
pertaining to or concerned with quality or qualities.
Quote:
quan?ti?ta?tive
?adjective
1. that is or may be estimated by quantity.
2. of or pertaining to the describing or measuring of quantity.
First off the thread is about cars, specifically that compact made by Chery, not human rights violations, environmental problems, or anything else along those lines. Second, those are all qualitative statements. A quantitative statement would be something like, "China's NOx emissions have increase to Xppm on average in urban areas." Etc...

WTF?

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote