New "High Mileage" category? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
Note - everyone should put *all* the gas/petrol they use onto their gaslog - otherwise the results would be skewed (I would be at 80MPGus now for example)
Hmm...then I am not doing it correctly by putting each fillup in mine?

I guess if I dropped the "not so good" tanks, it would look a bit better

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

rvanengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
Note - everyone should put *all* the gas/petrol they use onto their gaslog - otherwise the results would be skewed (I would be at 80MPGus now for example)
I log every drop! All of mine is my daily driving.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #13
Registered Member

I've logged every drop of gas I've used since buying my Festiva. It would be easy to drop "bad tanks" etc. but that wouldn't portray the real results. My car is a daily driver and I want to track all my mileage etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
We need a second top ten or a heavy weight catigory so vehicles bigger and heavier than the small high mileage vehicles.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
Registered Member

Perhaps a category by vehicle type (SUV, PU, Van, large, mid, small, compact cars)? How about one for age?

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

Old 06-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
There's no way I can get the mileage that some of you get as I drive about 70 miles every day to work. There's no way I can coast for 35 miles to work and get there on time! You urban travelers seem to have the advantage for posting high numbers as you can spend a good deal of time coasting.

I propose that there be a category for those that travel over a 1000 miles a month. It's easy to go out and hypermile a "few" miles and produce awesome numbers.....
My numbers are generated from my 52mile (one way) commute which is mostly on interstates driving at at 55 to 70 mph.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Perhaps a category by vehicle type (SUV, PU, Van, large, mid, small, compact cars)? How about one for age?
Maybe the competitive edge will encourage people to buy the more FE, smaller vehicles? If a cateogry was made for inefficient vehicles then some might not care that they have a tractor trailer sized SUV as long as they are in the top 5 of "THEIR" category.
I'm new to this forum so I should say that I'm not judging owners of big vehicles, some people need them. I just hope, as a society, that we become more aware of how much we waste.
Sorry for the ranting...
mpg_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_maniac View Post
Maybe the competitive edge will encourage people to buy the more FE, smaller vehicles? If a cateogry was made for inefficient vehicles then some might not care that they have a tractor trailer sized SUV as long as they are in the top 5 of "THEIR" category.
I'm new to this forum so I should say that I'm not judging owners of big vehicles, some people need them. I just hope, as a society, that we become more aware of how much we waste.
Sorry for the ranting...
Perhaps? I know I won't be replacing my car with a newer one anytime soon just to save a little more gas...I only drive about 35 miles a day and don't owe any money on my car. Not to mention, it *is* my downsizing (96 Bronco --> 97 Crown Vic --> 91 190e). Not sure I will be going much smaller for a while, but I do know that if the 190 survives, it will become a 190EV.

Wish there was more of a budget for it, but a wife, 1 kid (another due in October), mortgage, etc has that taken care of for a while. I suspect there are a LOT of people that took advantage of the lower prices for the SUVs, larger/powerful cars and minivans that are regretting their choices at this point.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #19
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
We need a second top ten or a heavy weight catigory so vehicles bigger and heavier than the small high mileage vehicles.
i think this is a great idea to go with
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #20
Registered Member

How bout just a list you can filter?? Thats easy enough to implement with a database. Everyone puts in their category of car, displacement etc.
Than you can choose to filter by what you want. Since everyone wants to see something different this fills most ppls needs.

bbgobie is offline   Reply With Quote