Speed demon!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #62
Supporting Member

SVOboy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Speed demon!
Guilty as charged. I put the car in little used cruise control at a speed that my co-drivers would tolerate, held the steering wheel with my knee, and used my el-cheapo camera to take the pic. Probably lost an MPG taking the pic . But once in a car's lifetime, right?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #63
Registered Member

Broke the 600 mile barrier for the first time within a single fill in my car! Whoo hoo! Still only 16th on the mpg list . There's always more and more vehicles that join the site and cause more competition! The good news is that it's still only around the freezing mark outside, so I should see a nice increase in FE as the weather turns warmer (no A/C in my car to ruin things).

Edit: even MetroMPG hasn't hit the 600 mile point yet in his Suzuki clone .
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
Broke the 600 mile barrier for the first time within a single fill in my car! Whoo hoo! Still only 16th on the mpg list . There's always more and more vehicles that join the site and cause more competition! The good news is that it's still only around the freezing mark outside, so I should see a nice increase in FE as the weather turns warmer (no A/C in my car to ruin things).

Edit: even MetroMPG hasn't hit the 600 mile point yet in his Suzuki clone .
Great Job. It takes Metro 4 months to fill his tank if he went for mileage he would only fill once a year.

Peakster could you go to the Gas Tank Size thread and enter the gallons you took for this fill. In your log you said you ran out of gas and it took 11 gallons for a 10.6 gallon tank. It would put in one place for historical data. Thanks
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #65
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
SVOboy -

Guilty as charged. I put the car in little used cruise control at a speed that my co-drivers would tolerate, held the steering wheel with my knee, and used my el-cheapo camera to take the pic. Probably lost an MPG taking the pic . But once in a car's lifetime, right?

CarloSW2
I guess I'd qualify for being a speed demon too, since 60 to 65mph is my normal operating speed when driving on busy interstates (but getting up to 80mph on the downhills). I've been on vacation these past two weeks (a working vacation, since its lambing season on the farm and I've been spending much of my time delivering and taking care of newborn lambs and also transplanting and potting up bamboo before their transplant season ends). The current tank looks very good on the fuel gauge so far, so barring heavy rain and wet roads, the mpg's should be somewhere in the 70's. It'll be nice once Yoshi starts up SuperMID production again, so I can get one installed in my car and can start tweaking my driving pattern for better mileage.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #66
FE nut

I'm working an hour over today and tomorrow so my wife and I are driving seperate and I won't be driving as much for a couple of days. Here's how today went:
1) 50.5-5.9 miles
2) 55.9-6.0 miles
Average for the day: 55.7
The 1/10 extra was because I had to duck into a sub-division to let traffic by on the way home. Also, I may have hit 56 or more if I didn't move my car at lunch so the "today" mileage doesn't reset.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #67
Supporting Member

basjoos -

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
I guess I'd qualify for being a speed demon too, since 60 to 65mph is my normal operating speed when driving on busy interstates (but getting up to 80mph on the downhills). I've been on vacation these past two weeks (a working vacation, since its lambing season on the farm and I've been spending much of my time delivering and taking care of newborn lambs and also transplanting and potting up bamboo before their transplant season ends). The current tank looks very good on the fuel gauge so far, so barring heavy rain and wet roads, the mpg's should be somewhere in the 70's. It'll be nice once Yoshi starts up SuperMID production again, so I can get one installed in my car and can start tweaking my driving pattern for better mileage.
Yes, but your VX + Aero mods means that your 60 MPH is like my 40 MPH in terms of MPG, since "nary a leaf" is moved by your passing .

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #68
Registered Member

Set a new round trip record today in the Daewoo-woo. 100 miles at 44.3 MPG about 60 miles was highway. One segment was 30 miles at 50.1 MPG. Now, if I can just figure that into my commute.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #69
Registered Member

Nice work Z!

Today: pizza run! 94 mpg (US), round trip, 8 miles, 22 mph avg., 7 C ambient, cold start. Half sub/urban, half rural.

This is the kind of trip I would make in the ForkenSwift when it's ready for action. Can't carry a pizza fast enough (& keep it warm & horizontal) on a bike!
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #70
FE nut

Pretty decent day for me. 55.9 on my way to work and 63.1 on the way home. 5.9 miles each way. 57.7 mpg for the day.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote