New VX Owner - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

New VX Owner

Hi All, I recently picked up a CA VX and wnat to do a thorough tune up this weekend. Has anyone compiled a list of approprite tune up part numbers. I know these cars can be particular about using the right parts to maximize mpg. If someone can point me in the right direction or give me advice on what and where to buy. I was thinking of replacing the O2 sensor (4 wire) as well. The car has 150k. Is that about time for the O2? Anyway, Thanks!!

seeholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

I don't think there's anything exotic about the tuneup parts. Just use the right plugs. The correct part number is marked on a label that's on the timing belt cover. I think the same number is also marked on the smog sticker that's on the hood.

In my opinion, I think you can often save an old rotor and cap if you know how to inspect and sand them (cleaning contacts) properly.

Check the timing.

Before you change the O2 sensor, you might want to think about converting to Federal. There are some threads here about that.

150k could mean your old sensor is tired, but I'm not sure. Maybe not, if there's no symptom (like poor mpg, or a CEL). And who knows, maybe the prior owner just changed it.

Anyway, good luck with your new car, and ask more questions here!
monroe74 is offline   Reply With Quote