Nissan Maxima Gas Mileage Improvments? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
"100% natural oxygen-active elemental ingredients"

It would take a lot of oxygen to burn the fuel - I did the calculations for the amount of air needed to burn a gallon of gasoline - no way could this solid form contain sufficent amounts of anything to effect a change unless it was some sort of catalyst - certainly not Oxygen releasing. There was talk of breaking down gasoline into more simple cleaner burning compounds but that required heating it to 800 degrees.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexellent
I used to get 22 mpg out of my 2.0 Jetta. Just by changing my driving habits (and upping the tire pressures from 32psi to 36psi) I managed to get 30 mpg out of mostly city driving (80%). I got a scan guage and I realized that i get 27 mpg on the way to school and 38 on the way back! So I changed my route on the way to school and I started getting 33mpg on the way there. I still dont know if Im using more fuel though, Im gonna check that today. So far this tank has been kinda dissappointing because Im averaging about 28mpg (Im aiming for HYPERMILAGE!).
It doesn't matter how much gas you burn - it's how far you can go on a gallon that matters!!!

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
Registered Member

Interesting thoughts from all sides here.

http://forums.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=15919 is a thread on nycmaximas.org that I'm contributing to.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=486856 is a thread on maxima.org which was subsequently closed.

I haven't checked my tire pressure either. I'm guessing it may be a little bit under what it should be.
realmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote from the Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmac
Interesting thoughts from all sides here.

http://forums.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=15919 is a thread on nycmaximas.org that I'm contributing to.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=486856 is a thread on maxima.org which was subsequently closed.

I haven't checked my tire pressure either. I'm guessing it may be a little bit under what it should be.
Still skeptical:

Here's a quote from the manufacturer on one of your links:

"There is absolutely no possible way that you can't feel any difference. I heard about you from Rishi, and I am aware of you running with this in your car. If it is the mpg gains that you are not seeing, then you also have to consider the general factors that apply which may hinder your gains.

1."Perhaps you are too heavy on the gas." If you tend to depress the pedal abruptly, and drive excessively fast, you compromise miles per gallon greatly. Any fuel economist would tell you that.

2. "Constantly keeping your foot on the gas is also a fuel economy killer." Excess fuel gets pumped into the engine and gas is wasted. You should accelerate to a preferred velocity and ease off the accelerator until you need to accelerate again.

3. "Do you drive in heavy traffic throughout most of the day?" Stop-and-go driving also kills fuel economy. This is inevitable. If your car is constantly at idle, you will end up wasting gas. It is highly recommended for you to turn your engine off when idling for more than a minute. Try to anticipate traffic situations and accelerate and decelerate smoothly. It's safer and uses much less gas.

4. "Road rage and Jackrabbit starts can also kill fuel economy." Once again, try to accelerate more gently, and slowly; change "lead foot" to "light foot."

5. Also aim to maintain a constant speed. Drive at posted speed limits.

6. Engine load may also be a factor. If you have alot of heavy junk in the trunk, try not to keep it in there.

7. Minimize the use of AC if you are using it. Be sure that your tires are properly aligned. Make sure that your tires are also not under-inflated. Also use good quality ( EC: energy conserving ) engine oil, etc.

8. Also keep in mind that our catalyst is ideal for consistent long distance driving. With good traffic condition traveling at consistent speed incorporating good driving manners ( light on the gas, not overly exceeding the speed limit, staying within trajectory without swerving in and out of lanes )"

This is not a Scientific test. These driving styles alone would account for an increase in FE. A true test would be to drive the car without knowing it was in there and not modify your driving habits.

Also $300 is a lot of money.

We don't take testimonials here, we take DATA.

RH77
Old 10-19-2006, 03:26 AM   #15
Registered Member

For $300 you can get a beater that'll get 50+mpg and garage your nice new Maxima so it can look especially nice for dates and whatnot.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Still skeptical:

Here's a quote from the manufacturer on one of your links:

"There is absolutely no possible way that you can't feel any difference. I heard about you from Rishi,
RH77
Rishi ? ..might this be the same Rishi that the web site is registered under ???

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=drfuelmax.com

Domain name: drfuelmax.com

Registrant Contact:
Rishi Singh
Rishi Singh (packetattack@yahoo.com)
+1.6468728555
Fax: +1.7182916571
86-25 Van Wyck Expressway
Apartment 512
Briarwood, NY 11435
US
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
Rishi ? ..might this be the same Rishi that the web site is registered under ???

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=drfuelmax.com

Domain name: drfuelmax.com

Registrant Contact:
Rishi Singh
Rishi Singh (packetattack@yahoo.com)
+1.6468728555
Fax: +1.7182916571
86-25 Van Wyck Expressway
Apartment 512
Briarwood, NY 11435
US
Yes, there is a preexisting business relationship between the guy who runs both sites. Not something they tried to cover up. It was said that the parent company in Japan was setting up a division in the US. Not entirely sure about the relationship between the two though.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq
For $300 you can get a beater that'll get 50+mpg and garage your nice new Maxima so it can look especially nice for dates and whatnot.
I suppose so, but my parents have 5 cars right now (two of which my stepdad used to drive, are ready for the junkyard and are just sitting at his other house) total so there isn't any room for another. Nice for dates, lol. You crack me up! I also like driving my car...
Old 10-22-2006, 07:28 AM   #19
Registered Member

Well my next experiment is to see if I can run 87 octane in my car. Nissan recommends using 91 octane for our cars. The Infiniti G35 though which uses the same engine can run on 87 no problem though. hmm
Old 10-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmac
Well my next experiment is to see if I can run 87 octane in my car. Nissan recommends using 91 octane for our cars. The Infiniti G35 though which uses the same engine can run on 87 no problem though. hmm
yeah but the Infiniti has a complete different ecu which allows it to run on 87. I know nissans. If you want mpg then slow down and put a lot of aero mods.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote