No freakin way! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #11
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog671 View Post
You won't believe it! I bet someone calls me a liar! Check out my most recent gaslog entry!!!!! Its late, so Im going to sleep!!!!!!!!!!

Nic
Liar liar pants or fire.. Nevermind lol!

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Thanks for the encouragment guys, I couldn't believe my eyes. I should have written a better original post but I just got home, was half asleep, and dumbfounded. If you look at my gaslog you can see my first couple tanks were low. This was before I was in GS and I was just scribbling it down in my visor. Still nice becuase I don't drive fast anyways. The 54something one was after I joined GS and I figured I would employ some driving techniques, not much, just some. Slowed down more, coasting around in N alittle, and acouple EOC's but not much. So, yes, there was some EOC in the last tank. I was amazed by the improvement. So I figured, this tank I'm going all out and reach my maximum. I wanted to use this tank as an example to all the newbies that the driver is the biggest factor in the car...AND I wanted to show that you dont have to mod your car for FE, mine is MOD FREE (*see below)

I EOC'd like insane, and that was my largest contributing factor. But, the scary thing is, I can think of a whole list of things that hindered my mpg. I know this is real life and it wont be perfect, but that just shows that its still capable of more. Idle time could have been reduced, lower speeds(but I speed up when traffic is on my ***), some sort of instant feedback(Im guessing everything), the car has over 120k on it. I did a stunt of road rage too when I got pissed off and brake checked a guy HARD. That effected everything.

Overall though, this tank was stressful. CONSTANTLY thinking of what to do. I'll keep my tanks above 52mpg from now on so I can keep raising my average and work my way up, but no more record breakers for awhile.

Good luck everyone!
Nic

*Car has been modified some but I think this would have minimal effects on FE. Two things are helping, removed mirror and weight reduction. I can justify myself and say that the mirror is cancelled out by a large opening created between the hood and bumper from playing bumper cars, and deformed quarter panels. I cancel weight out with the fact that the engine is old and not on the same tier as a fresh one would be. I may be better than if it was completly stock, but it should be minimal.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #13
Registered Member

baddog, hard work but worth it? PM address. I'm not hard to get along with.

Has this inspired you enough to stick with your methods for at least most of a tank? If so, someday you may see a 500+ tank.

jwxr7 has over 600 miles each for his last two tanks.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #14
Registered Member

CO, thanks for the CD, your "bribes" do work and I'm a fan of western country songs. In return, I will send you a link to acouple awesome westerns. The singer was my history professor for 3 semesters and one of the truest, smartest old men I've ever met. My favorite is Miner's Song...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=187153683

Yes, I plan on doing a full tank atleast once with this dedication, but not now, it drained me. I'm not sure if you extreme hypermilers experience that too, but whoo!

JW, you better watch out, there a new Metro sheriff coming to town soon!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
Registered Member

I wouldn't worry about the small tank errors. You can fill up just a gallon at a time and still be pretty darn accurate (within a few tenths mpg). My tests two years ago showed this.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #16
Registered Member

Darn, I hate seeing someone beat me. . With a Metro no less.

Congratulations.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #17
Registered Member

Haha, what did your old metro get? I thought it was going to be next to impossible to bust the 60mpg barrier, but I guess I got a big surprise! On my next tank I'll shoot for 80