Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 103 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #1021
FE nut

The temps started out a bit low at 48 degrees this morning and only rose to about 55 or so for a high. The numbers were a little off but still not too bad. The trip to the wife's work was 63.8 from there to my work was 63.0, from my work back to the wife's this afternoon was 66.7, and from her work to home was 59.5. I then had to go pick my daughter up a school so we could go to voice lessons and I ended up with 68.1 on the way there. We had to stop by home first before going to voice lessons and I ended up with 70.5 by the time I got home. I tied out a new route on the way to voice lessons and it paid off with a 75.6 on the way there and a 70.2 on the way back home. I won't complain about those numbers with temps like these.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #1022
Registered Member

Well, last night after reading through some of the threads on here, I went to the gas station down the street to raise the pressure in my tires. The fronts were at 20 and 29 psi so I filled them up to 40. Im going to keep them at 40 for a few weeks, take some mileage calculations, then raise them to probably 44, which is the maximum stated on the sidewalls. Theres a nice 1/8 mile downhill that ive been practicing EOC on, the only problem is right at the bottom is one out of 16 stop lights that I have to deal with on the way to work. I am going to try a different route, that is a tad bit longer but has roads off of main traffic, which will be beneficial not only for my FE, but gives me a break from the stress of the hordes of soccer moms.

Heres a little vid for you guys, I dont know if youve seen it or not but I thought it was hilarious, as I can relate, and I know some of you can too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szndW55qtg0

Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN_EJ8
Heres a little vid for you guys, I dont know if youve seen it or not but I thought it was hilarious, as I can relate, and I know some of you can too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szndW55qtg0
Good catch on the psi's, also that video is really telling, I had not seen it, but I will be passing it around. The comments also show the angst that going the speed limit causes.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #1024
FE nut

The temps started out at 46 chilly degrees this morning but I was able to pull off a 63.3 segment on the way to the wife's work. From there to my work was 64.3. This afternoon the temps had gotten up to 56 and I managed a 71.0 going back to pick up the wife at her work. From there back to my mom's (9.9 miles) I managed a 58.2.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #1025
FE nut

It was below 40 this morning(37, I think) and there was a light frost on my windshield. I got in and was able to clear the frost with the washer but after the coast down my 1/10 mile driveway, the window almost instantaneously fogged over; on the inside and I couldn't see a thing. I drove the 5.8 miles to my wifes work and only FAS'd once so I could let the engine warm up. The trip came in at 47.0. From there on to my shop I manged a 65.2. This afternoon on the way back to pick up my wife I was able to manage a 70.0. The temp had went up to 67 which helped. From her work back to home I managed a 55.3.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #1026

My commute started at about 39 degrees today, was only at 32mpg by the mountain, and went down from there. I salvaged a 39.8mpg for the ride in.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #1027
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne
My commute started at about 39 degrees today, was only at 32mpg by the mountain, and went down from there. I salvaged a 39.8mpg for the ride in.
Nice work! I think from now until next spring we're going to have to fight for every 1/10 mpg. For me, it will be an excuse to hone my skills even more.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #1028
Registered Member

Well I reached my first goal today... by the skin of my teeth. I filled up after driving 141.6 miles, and used 4.04 gallons, for a total mpg of 35.05 After more practice of my EOC technique, and the use of a scangauge, I hope to break 40 mpg for a full tank by the time the first snow hits the ground. Not too bad for two stoplights per mile.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:54 AM   #1029
Registered Member

Filled up the Yaris this morning and I was very pleased with my tank average of 5.1l/100km or 46mpg US.
I've just been coasting when I can and about a quarter of the way into the tank, I inflated the tires to 40psi.
Next week I'm gonna change to AMS oil synthetic.
Ordered my Scangauge last week, but the shipping takes forever to get through Canadian customs.
Next goal is to break into the 4's ( litres per 100km that is...)
Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 AM   #1030
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Frink - you are doing great and you still have a lot of breaking in to do on that engine so don't push it too hard for too long - they run really well if you break them in really easy - you can rev it but don't give it a lot of gas - the idea is to polish the bore not burn them in. Keep the original oil in as long as the dealer recommended usually about 3500 miles before you change it as it has to break in for a while before you put something more slippery in it.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote