Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #111
Registered Member

Re: I filled up today and got a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I filled up today and got a crappy 37.84 or something like that. *shrug*

Must make that improve somehow!
The last few tanks you keep improving and improving. Whatever you're doing is working and if you keep doing it will increase your mpg.

Try some seafoam and then auto-rx. The seafoam will clean your intake manifold and the auto-rx will clean inside your engine. I highly recommend those two.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:14 AM   #112
Registered Member

Re: I filled up today and got a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I filled up today and got a crappy 37.84 or something like that. *shrug*

Must make that improve somehow!
Not bad for an automatic with mismatched intake/head ports. Once you get the 5 speed installed you can begin using all of the tricks of the trade. In no time you will hit 50.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #113
*shrug*

It's the weather making the

It's the weather making the mileage go up. Not too much else. The mismatched intake is sucking, so yeah, but yeah.

My intake/engine is pretty ****ing clean as it is from all the stuff I've run through it.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #114
Registered Member

i wish i can clean my car

i wish i can clean my car heh, maybe the honda technicans didn't do jack squat with my car when i take it in for service.

I think at 20000 miles I still have all original parts gulp, nothing replaced yet.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #115
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
only 20k

Only 20K mile in my Geo I have everything original except the oil filter and exhost 90806 miles yeah original plugs and the air filter really is not very dirty.

These head winds are killing my mileage with this tank - only getting about 43 so far in the xB. Another interesting thing is by filling the tank right up to the filler spout I get about 2.5 gallons before the gauge drops to the full mark.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #116
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
dripping tank

I heard that if you fill up to the spout that the fuel just evaporates and it's pretty much wasted. This never really amde any sense to me cause your fuel cap is pressure tested whenever to take it for emissions here in Maryland. If the tank was air tight wouldn't that keep the fuel from evaporating?
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #117
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
fuel evaporates thru the

fuel evaporates thru the charcal canister, and continued over filling will saturate the canister, or so I've been told, if you look in your shop manule under "evapritive emission controles" it will show the routing of the tubes that let vapors go to that canister, in theory the engine sucks them out of that canister and burns them... not sure how it controles that.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #118
FE nut

I've heard that about the

I've heard that about the charcoal canister too. But I've also heard that as long as you drive a few miles right away the canister saturation isn't really an issue. I've been filling my vehicles all the way to the top since I started driving. This includes vehicles from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's without any problems with the charcoal canister to my knowledge.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #119
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
canister

Exactally - Soon as you start driving the tank level drops and there is no problem - I also have a fuel pump in my xB that depresurized the gas tank after about 5 hours after engine shutdown to reduce tank pressure. All the vapors in the canister get sucked into the engine when you start driving. Usually the gas level will drop when it gets this full in a few seconds as a trapped air bubble breaks loose but not in this tank.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #120
Registered Member

Started my new tank today.

Started my new tank today. 69.52 on the way to work, 45F dry roads and 61.57 on the drive home, 65F WET roads and rain. RT = 65.3 MPG. Rain, Rain go away, come again some other day when I am not driving.

In the immortal words of Pink Floyd.... All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote