Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 128 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #1271
Registered Member

When you go to the EPA link to add a vehicle find the car and click on it and it list city and highway values. Once there then click the make and model again and it will show all three values. You're cheating yourself. It shows 24.0 for combined

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #1272
Tuggin at the surly bonds

ah. thx.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:51 AM   #1273
Registered Member

Yeh,
Fueleconomy.org shows 26 combined for the RAV 4, not the 27 MPG midpoint. They use 55% city and 45% highway.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 AM   #1274
Tuggin at the surly bonds

I knew I saw it somewhere. I forgot that you have to click on the vehicle to get the rest of the EPA ratings. Do they always use 55% city/45% highway?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #1275
Registered Member

yup, iirc anyhoo
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #1276
Registered Member

Drove the Ranger today. 9F to 20F depending on were I was at on the comute. Really wild temps. These wild temp swings also appeared in the intake air temp. Many detours due to the poor drivers on refrozen hwys. I ave. 27 MPG in the Ranger. Not bad IMO for the morning drive. Will be fun to see what the evening will hold with warmer temps and some thawing of the roads.

psy
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #1277
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Hart
Higher tire pressures do make a difference...the question is : how high is too high? When the sun beats down...then you drive fast (tire flex, tread squirm), on that road that has been cooking in the afternoon sun... Where does your early AM pressure end up? 40 psi doesn't seem too high, but 60? Hmmm....Whatever works, but I think the law of diminishing returns enters here.... IMHO, of course!

IMO with the way hypermilers drive, I doubt they have to worry about some flex or some heat making their tires go boom. IN fact in the summer when its as cold as it can get I'd make sure my pressure were at 60. Doing some errands (5 miles) and checking the tires again they are still at the same pressure, I expect them to go up with the stop and go, but no they are still rock solid at 60.

I'd only lower the tire pressure if I knew the conditions I'd be travelling on were poor, then maybe i'd dropped it down to mid 40's or such. 50 for ok roads and 60 for excellent smooth roads.

as for this tank i'm trying to struggle for 45 mpg in the winter.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #1278
Registered Member

Phil, when you going to upload some pix of your new ride?
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #1279
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
grrrrr well it happened to me today - I was working the tail wind back from the trip to the airport in headwinds which got me 37mpg there adn was getting 45mpg on the way back. Finally arrive at my office and as I shut off my car I recorded the odometer mileage like I always do then hit the menu button on the SG2 just as it blanked out to go to sleep pressed it again and all the readings were zeroed out - no tank or anything - only settings were the engine size tank size and corrections for fillup and speed. This SUCKS!! There was NO Power loss!
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #1280
FE nut

The temp was 20ish this morning when I started out. The first leg of the trip was 36.6(5.8 miles) and the trip to my work was 50.6(9.6 miles). By this afternoon the temp had climbed to an almost tropical 26 and my trip back to pick up the wife was 51.0. Got stuck behind a school bus on the way home and ended up with 42.6. Had to run some errands after work and managed a 48.* on the trip there of 15.5 miles. On the return trip I had to make another detour and ended up with 54.1 after 12.8 miles. I then headed home and managed 74.0 on the 5.3 mile trip.:woot:

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote